X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MsDeville
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
    Excellent video! You've got great stamina to keep that going for nearly four minutes. You can definitely see amazing progress since your earlier videos.

I hope you get to love your new swivel!
    Thank you, Mrs. Mitts. Hitting on a bigger bag seems to help me with stamina. And... YES, the new swivel is growing on me, that's for sure!

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
    congrats on your move to the ball hook....I however will continue to represent the U-bolt....damm these speed bag companies should love that... they make much more money on a U bolt
    Just between you and me SBS – – I haven't tossed the U bolt – yet!... I put it on another platform. And all-wood, free-standing setup that "trainer" Raul built a few weeks ago... (Gee, it's handy having a carpenter in the house!)

And to prove that I'm still attached to my U bolt swivel, here's a sample of a practice session from last week:

(I hope You Tube didn't delete the audio again– It's Aretha this time!)

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Amazing progress all around. Control and combinations are improving. Great to hear the "other" results of consistent speed bagging are taking place. You will be an inspiration to others!
    Thanks, Alan. I've managed to inspire a few girl friends, so far, so that's pretty cool... although, sometimes I think I should post a disclaimer or something in my videos though..."For entertainment purposes only" ... as I tend to "freestyle," for lack of a better description, of my punching, stance, etc.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    on another note, do you know "the barber of Deville" ?

No, but I know "the Hairdresser of Super Cuts!"

Originally posted by deano View Post
    theres not many girls out there able to punch like you Ms Dee,excellent combos, and a 3.49 session,you'll be fadeing away to a shadow.deano
    Why, thank you kindly, deano. Have you noticed in my recent videos, that I have started posing at a 3/4 angle to the camera...
    ...if I turn sideways to the camera, you can hardly see me!

Leave a comment:

• deano
    replied
    theres not many girls out there able to punch like you Ms Dee,excellent combos,
    and a 3.49 session,you'll be fadeing away to a shadow.deano
    Last edited by deano; 03-19-2010, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedBagScissorhands
    replied
    congrats on your move to the ball hook....I however will continue to represent the U-bolt....damm these speed bag companies should love that... they make much more money on a U bolt

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mitts
    replied
    Excellent video! You've got great stamina to keep that going for nearly four minutes. You can definitely see amazing progress since your earlier videos.

I hope you get to love your new swivel!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Amazing progress all around. Control and combinations are improving. Great to hear the "other" results of consistent speed bagging are taking place. You will be an inspiration to others!

on another note, do you know "the barber of Deville" ?

Sorry. I now see it's "the barber of Seville".

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    Originally posted by royalewifcheese View Post
    Ecellent work MsD, the ball hook is a tad slower which allows you to make smoother transitions(much harder to over speed and miss hit). i do see a hint of timing difference between your strikes on the BH vs the UB. that's not a bad thing it's just an observation. it happens when making equipment changes.

great job on the weight loss as well, it's apparent in the vids.
    Yes, I like the fact that I can slow down the tempo so much easier using the ball hook.

The first few days on the swivel, I got very frustrated and felt that I was starting at the beginning. The U bar is more forgiving, and with the swivel, there seems to be very little room for error. But, within several days, I managed to get the hang of it. I pulled out the big Everlast (my fall back bag ) and simply worked on my stamina and learned to adjust my punching power. I'm getting more and more comfortable with each workout...

Originally posted by fingers View Post
    Very nice Mrs D!! you have some great moves going on and very interesting too me as there may be another U bar swivel die hard converting to ball hook soon....watch this space
    Thanks, fingers. I know that a lot of my punches are, well... not exactly "spot on"... but, I'm workin' on it! I haven't given up the U bar completely. My better half – "Coach Raul" – is also known as my Ace Platform Designer – and built an all-wood speed bag setup and we put the old U bar swivel on it. (I'll be posting some pictures soon.)

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    Howdy Ms "D". That was an awesome display of speedbaggin'! You are making "Great" progress and you have great style to your technique. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to your next vid!
    Why, thank you TJ... I just watched your video again, and am still amazed by it...

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    Well done Dee! Your elbow work is excellent, along with all the other stuff too. Good to hear you've gone with the ball hook, excellent choice.
    Yes, I decided it was time to try something different... I was starting to feel like I wasn't progressing... The swivel is fast... I think it might be too fast for my level of punching. And, I like punching to rhythmic beats and I have found that the ball hook gives me what I've been looking for in that respect...

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Another great video from MsD! You really got the elbows working there! Were you starting to sing towards the end? Nice!
    ...well, I wouldn't call it singing......more like fingernails on a chalkboard... ... guess I got a little caught up in the song.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Those inward elbows are really looking good. Your downward elbows look good as well. Way to keep the flow!
    Thanks. Those sets of elbow punches are my ticket to the next (smaller) dress size!

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Another great video from MsD! You really got the elbows working there! Were you starting to sing towards the end? Nice! Those inward elbows are really looking good. Your downward elbows look good as well. Way to keep the flow!
    Last edited by metaldad; 03-17-2010, 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling error

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Well done Dee! Your elbow work is excellent, along with all the other stuff too. Good to hear you've gone with the ball hook, excellent choice.

Leave a comment:

• TJ_MaTee
    replied
    Howdy Ms "D". That was an awesome display of speedbaggin'! You are making "Great"
    progress and you have great style to your technique. Keep up the good work! Looking
    forward to your next vid!

Leave a comment:

• fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Will that leave Sir Scissorhands as the lone keeper of the flame?
    Ha!! suffice to say a second platform may help me have the best of both worlds not sure i could ever leave the brotherhood of the U bar!!

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by fingers View Post
    Very nice Mrs D!! you have some great moves going on and very interesting too me as there [U]may[U] be another U bar swivel die hard converting to ball hook soon....watch this space
    Will that leave Sir Scissorhands as the lone keeper of the flame?

Leave a comment:

• fingers
    replied
    Very nice Mrs D!! you have some great moves going on and very interesting too me as there may be another U bar swivel die hard converting to ball hook soon....watch this space
    Last edited by fingers; 03-16-2010, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• royalewifcheese
    replied
    Ecellent work MsD, the ball hook is a tad slower which allows you to make smoother transitions(much harder to over speed and miss hit). i do see a hint of timing difference between your strikes on the BH vs the UB. that's not a bad thing it's just an observation. it happens when making equipment changes.

great job on the weight loss as well, it's apparent in the vids.

"I was born perfect, and just like the great white shark, have never had to evolve!"
    royalewifcheese

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    It's always great to witness your progress. Looks like you've progressed in other areas since you started bagging. Congrats. A job wll done!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gvee127
    replied
    Great job as usual MsDeville! Congrats. on the new swivel.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...