Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedbag Porch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    shoulders

    top vid Alan and smoke'n smooth ,give the shoulders a rest after that one mate.
    deano

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      AMAZING Video!! The first Speed Bag Trio Punch Drumming Performance. I could say a lot about this (duh..) but I spent the past weekend making a tribute instead, featuring a little more foreigner music. Let's make it a Quartet.
      Thanks Alan, that was great. We were all wishing you could have been there. Hopefully all the planets will be in alignment for speed b.a.g. 2010. Maybe we need a playlist to practice beforehand??

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Thanks Alan, that was great. We were all wishing you could have been there. Hopefully all the planets will be in alignment for speed b.a.g. 2010. Maybe we need a playlist to practice beforehand??
        That would be cool, but I'm kinda fascinated right now with a larger idea, along the lines of "playing for change"

        The project started in 2004 with the organization's self described goal to "inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music". The creators of the project, Mark Johnson and Enzo Buono, traveled around the world to places such as New Orleans, Barcelona, South Africa, India, Nepal, the Middle East and Ireland, and, using a mobile recording studio, had local musicians perform the same song, interpreted into their own style. The project's first single "Stand by Me", began with a Santa Monica street performer named Roger Ridley (now deceased). They then traveled around the world and had more musicians add their versions, which were mixed together for the final version.

        Imagine a growing body of punch drumming baggers, all recording a video of themselves hitting to the SAME SONG, and having it mixed together into a video. It's a powerful effect. Here's a couple songs by PFC.

        Stand by me
        * check out the wall images behind the Sax player (Stephano Tomaselli) at 4:17 and 4:37

        and my favorite: One Love - played around the world

        Talented baggers could add a few extra instruments, Like BT laying down a drum groove in a few scenes, and bagging in others. Baggers from all over the world. Right now We got the UK, Australia, Italia, Greece, Canada, a few other countries and the USA, American Indians, etc. Already members. All punch drumming to the same song. Some on beat, probably some off, but no matter - all baggers united on the same song.

        Choosing THE song would be the hardest part, since we all have different tastes. I've been sleeping on this for a while.

        One Love: One Bag. Punching for change. We could do this....

        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...


        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          That would be cool, but I'm kinda fascinated right now with a larger idea, along the lines of "playing for change"

          The project started in 2004 with the organization's self described goal to "inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music". The creators of the project, Mark Johnson and Enzo Buono, traveled around the world to places such as New Orleans, Barcelona, South Africa, India, Nepal, the Middle East and Ireland, and, using a mobile recording studio, had local musicians perform the same song, interpreted into their own style. The project's first single "Stand by Me", began with a Santa Monica street performer named Roger Ridley (now deceased). They then traveled around the world and had more musicians add their versions, which were mixed together for the final version.

          Imagine a growing body of punch drumming baggers, all recording a video of themselves hitting to the SAME SONG, and having it mixed together into a video. It's a powerful effect. Here's a couple songs by PFC.

          Stand by me
          * check out the wall images behind the Sax player (Stephano Tomaselli) at 4:17 and 4:37

          and my favorite: One Love - played around the world

          Talented baggers could add a few extra instruments, Like BT laying down a drum groove in a few scenes, and bagging in others. Baggers from all over the world. Right now We got the UK, Australia, Italia, Greece, Canada, a few other countries and the USA, American Indians, etc. Already members. All punch drumming to the same song. Some on beat, probably some off, but no matter - all baggers united on the same song.

          Choosing THE song would be the hardest part, since we all have different tastes. I've been sleeping on this for a while.

          One Love: One Bag. Punching for change. We could do this....

          I like it Alan! Very cool.... it would get tons of hits on youtube.....
          So we need a cool song.... man , that ain't easy... cuz if it's a real popular one, it could get stopped by the writers... but I assume it wouldn't and whoever wrote it would be down with the cause....
          I'd love to write something for the specific purpose of this with the eact message.... any thoughts???

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            AMAZING Video!! The first Speed Bag Trio Punch Drumming Performance. I could say a lot about this (duh..) but I spent the past weekend making a tribute instead, featuring a little more foreigner music. Let's make it a Quartet.

            Ladies and gents.... get schooled some more! Awesome!!! Great speed, skills, and everything else! But what else do ya say when the Speed Bag king posts a vid!!!
            Always an inspiration to watch! BAG ON!
            Last edited by spinsmashpop; 01-26-2010, 04:07 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              I like it Alan! Very cool.... it would get tons of hits on youtube.....
              So we need a cool song.... man , that ain't easy... cuz if it's a real popular one, it could get stopped by the writers... but I assume it wouldn't and whoever wrote it would be down with the cause....
              I'd love to write something for the specific purpose of this with the eact message.... any thoughts???
              Maybe MIck Jones or Billy Idol would let us use one of their songs. I'm hearing something kinda medium speed or a bit faster. Something "BAG beat" related like: I can feel the beat, by Darude, Contrast or Mysterious by Two Unlimited, Turn the beat around, by Vicki Sue Robinson, Get on your Feet or The Rhythm's gonna get ya by Gloria Estefan. Of course there are plenty more, but these are easily "punchable" and you can crank out Double Time at warp speed or hang out in the basic rhythm.

              You writing one would be awesome. Personally I'm hearing a song about medium speed, on a hook related to bagging, "the beat" or rhythm. Other subjects could be used, maybe focusing more on the baggers than the beat, but you get the idea. We've got enough baggers punch drumming now to pull this off.
              Speed Bag

              Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...


              sigpic

              The Art of the Bag

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                AMAZING Video!! The first Speed Bag Trio Punch Drumming Performance. I could say a lot about this (duh..) but I spent the past weekend making a tribute instead, featuring a little more foreigner music. Let's make it a Quartet.

                Brilliant as usual AK!! inspirational as always.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Imagine a growing body of punch drumming baggers, all recording a video of themselves hitting to the SAME SONG, and having it mixed together into a video. It's a powerful effect. Here's a couple songs by PFC.
                  YES! Let's do it.

                  Choosing THE song would be the hardest part, since we all have different tastes. I've been sleeping on this for a while.

                  One Love: One Bag. Punching for change. We could do this....
                  Just tell me what song, and I'll start practicing After we make the video, we an follow it up with a live rendition at SPEED B.A.G. 2010.


                  Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  I like it Alan! Very cool.... it would get tons of hits on youtube.....
                  So we need a cool song.... man , that ain't easy... cuz if it's a real popular one, it could get stopped by the writers... but I assume it wouldn't and whoever wrote it would be down with the cause....
                  I'd love to write something for the specific purpose of this with the eact message.... any thoughts???
                  Would love to hit to a track written by you Brian, great idea.

                  Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Maybe MIck Jones or Billy Idol would let us use one of their songs. I'm hearing something kinda medium speed or a bit faster. Something "BAG beat" related like: I can feel the beat, by Darude, Contrast or Mysterious by Two Unlimited, Turn the beat around, by Vicki Sue Robinson, Get on your Feet or The Rhythm's gonna get ya by Gloria Estefan. Of course there are plenty more, but these are easily "punchable" and you can crank out Double Time at warp speed or hang out in the basic rhythm.

                  You writing one would be awesome. Personally I'm hearing a song about medium speed, on a hook related to bagging, "the beat" or rhythm. Other subjects could be used, maybe focusing more on the baggers than the beat, but you get the idea. We've got enough baggers punch drumming now to pull this off.
                  I'll stay out of the song selection or writing process, cause I've got a tin ear... but just let me know what you pick and I'll start practicing!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I made a quick youtube response on the video alan, but my goodness more I learn from the bible and how you teach SBing like its a musical instrument n the more i see SB drumming the more im amazed. I love to jam out good music and sb, but putting the 2 in perfect harmony for myself im always a half second off with the SB to the beat/rhythm more practice here i figure


                    Geronimo

                    Comment

                    Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...
                    X