X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goju
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Hey Goju, your son looks great. Nice flow and movment, even fist force, very nice fist linking figure-8, and nicely executed O-TES's. You might suggest he return to the bag after the O-TES with the last fistof that technique. He's doing a Re ' Rf ' Lf, and then returns with Right Fist, but with that contact order a left fist (Lf) return with FCP is easier. He could re-circle the left fist and connect in the Basic Rhythm a bit more naturally. On the other hand, IF he returns with the right fist (FSP) under the left arm it could be a sneaky shadow punch - however that's not something I'd clutter a beginner with at his level.

I would also like to see the Left leading O-TES.

Thank you AK, your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.. we are working on the left O-TES, so this weekend we just might see another vid with him doing so. Fingers crossed, and hopefully a updated vid of myself. ( This time with a better camera lol )

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    wouldn't that be something eh Deano.. thanks for the comment mate

Leave a comment:

• deano
    replied
    real good

Goju, the young fella is going real good,he mixed it up,and the elbows were spot on,so for someone whos had limited time on the ball he could be the next Skunk

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by goju View Post
    Yesterday i showed my son how to do the O-TES, sorry for the poor video quality again. I think he's doing pretty good for someone who only bags once a week and only being 11 years old .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCjKJizxEpI
    Hey Goju, your son looks great. Nice flow and movment, even fist force, very nice fist linking figure-8, and nicely executed O-TES's. You might suggest he return to the bag after the O-TES with the last fistof that technique. He's doing a Re ' Rf ' Lf, and then returns with Right Fist, but with that contact order a left fist (Lf) return with FCP is easier. He could re-circle the left fist and connect in the Basic Rhythm a bit more naturally. On the other hand, IF he returns with the right fist (FSP) under the left arm it could be a sneaky shadow punch - however that's not something I'd clutter a beginner with at his level.

I would also like to see the Left leading O-TES.

Good stuff. The future of our bag is well in hand with this younger generation! Lots of good ones, with yours, UK, SSP and a few others! It is really rewarding to see these "little ones" get into it.

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Professor Kahn was still in seclusion at his Texas think tank, printing his Bibles by hand on his original Gutenberg press for a few years by then, but the true path was not yet widely known outside of a very small brotherhood and sisterhood of the bag.
    Now that's funny.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Great job!
    Is it just me or are more people are getting into the speed bag now?
    I'm new but with the advent of youtube maybe people get a quicker understanding of the bag and how to hit it...
    BAG ON
    Ten years ago, in the printed stuff that came with Everlast bags, they gave a secret clue to the future with a statement something like this: "skilled punchers can make interesting and musical sounds with the speed bag"*. Funny, all I got was triplet, triplet? That's music?

Professor Kahn was still in seclusion at his Texas think tank, printing his Bibles by hand on his original Gutenberg press for a few years by then, but the true path was not yet widely known outside of a very small brotherhood and sisterhood of the bag.

SSP, I think you are right about Youtube. And I think the bagging videos on Youtube have the potential to change the world. Searching for speed bag videos in German and Japanese and French and Spanish have revealed a deficit in the non-English speaking world. I have found no superb bagging -- as it is practiced at this site -- on youtube except in English. I believe this will change soon. Once the wild cat is out of the bag, the bag will start acting like a wild cat. Reverend Kahn and his Bible couldn't be happier, I believe. Oh yes, I believe...

* If anyone has the actual Everlast text that came with their bags, please reproduce it here, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Great job!
    I'm new but with the advent of youtube maybe people get a quicker understanding of the bag and how to hit it...
    BAG ON
    Thats how ive tought myself BT, from watching AK / Dee / and skunk on the tube, Was the only way i could learn. Now i got the bible its getting even better, then i try to pass down what iv'e learnt to my son.

Leave a comment:

• spinsmashpop
    replied
    Great job!
    BAG ON

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    If you added up all the days he bags i would say about a month, maybe not even that jord. yea it is an adidas bag mate, leather peanut. I was having a go with it yesterday, and i would say it has to be the fastest bag i have. But it feels a bit wierd hitting it though, probably not used to the shape. and thanks for the comment for goju jnr

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    kid has some skills how long has he been baggin? Is that the adidas vinyl bag... I have one myself and was just wondering what others thought of it?

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    Oh forgot to say vin, im still using the rival but the everlast is bigger and a bit easier to learn stuff on.. once ive got to grips with what ive be practicing i go back to the rival bag.. but im hoping to get one of those everlast 9x6 bags from sugar rays.

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    what i meant to say was, where i had been using the rival bag with the chain link swivel.. its kind of worn the bag in on those 2 sides. now when i use the bag with the ball hook, all sides of the bag get used and the 2 sides that were not getting used while using the chain link seem a bit flat.. maybe they need to be worn in to get the same rebound and the 2 sides that were getting hit all the time..

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by goju View Post
    Im not sure what is going on with it.. when i first started bagging i was using a chain link swivel with the rival bag, and it would only hit 2 sides of the bag which is fine if your using the chain link. Then i changed over to a ball hook, now all sides of the bag get hit, and the 2 sides that wasnt regularly hit dont have much rebound and really slows the bag down. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this with a bag before.
    Well I haven't experienced this with any of my bags. There doesn't seem to be any difference as to where the bags are hit. Have you tried sticking with it? You'll probably overcome the problem by hitting it a little more from the sides and I'm sure this will come naturally, without you realizing it's happening.

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    What happened with the Rival bag? I have the 6x9 and it's as tough as old boots.
    Im not sure what is going on with it.. when i first started bagging i was using a chain link swivel with the rival bag, and it would only hit 2 sides of the bag which is fine if your using the chain link. Then i changed over to a ball hook, now all sides of the bag get hit, and the 2 sides that wasnt regularly hit dont have much rebound and really slows the bag down. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this with a bag before.

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Looks great Goju!

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...