• Jordan
    replied
    HAHA you too

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    thanks metal I appreciate it.
    You're welcome!! Now I need to get off my lazy tired butt and get to baggin'. I gotta catch up to you lol. I'm still working on double and triple elbows and reverse punching! Bag ON brotha!!

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    thanks metal I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    I use the Chain link although I don't "swear" by it, I find it to be a good enough swivel especially for speed. I have a plastic ball hook which I'm afraid hasn't been the same since I tried to modify it.Whoops. I would love to try other swivels and compare. Not even Close to hitting like Alan yet. Jordan, you're improving greatly my friend!!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Yeah goju, to be honest, like I said I do prefer the ball swivel, but the chain link doesn't provide as much resistance as I first thought it would when changing direction....this particular vid I'm doin a skill that I had never done before on the bag, but if I'm just doin single punches side to front or back to side I really don't notice any problems with the swivel....In my personal opinion unless you are REALLY good like Alan Kahn or something you don't NEED the ball swivel, it's perfectly fine to learn on a chain-link; plus you can really catch some speed on a small bag and chain link!!!!!
    That's very true. There are plenty of people punching "like Alan Kahn" from all around the bag on chain link swivels, or any type of swivels for that matter. I've used chain links plenty in days gone by and they are a fast, efficient swivel. The only drawback is they are a pain to change bags, and occasionally the link arrangement will influence the bag rebound when do more advanced combination where the fists come from various sides. It doesn't happen all that often but when you go to the sides of the bag a lot you will start to notice it. And a decent chain link swivel is normally very fast.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 09-16-2009, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    nice one mate cheers

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Yeah goju, to be honest, like I said I do prefer the ball swivel, but the chain link doesn't provide as much resistance as I first thought it would when changing direction....this particular vid I'm doin a skill that I had never done before on the bag, but if I'm just doin single punches side to front or back to side I really don't notice any problems with the swivel....In my personal opinion unless you are REALLY good like Alan Kahn or something you don't NEED the ball swivel, it's perfectly fine to learn on a chain-link; plus you can really catch some speed on a small bag and chain link!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    the chain link swivel is a great swivel...it only really becomes a factor when transition to the sides.
    yeah, thats what i was kind of worried about kyle

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    Originally posted by goju View Post
    Thanks for the heads up jordan.. i just got a new board with a everlast link swivel.. After reading so many posts here and seeing most of the guys using ball swivels, i was a bit concerned how versatile the chain link was .. but after seeing your vid, your doing great with a chain link
    the chain link swivel is a great swivel...it only really becomes a factor when transition to the sides but even then it shud rotate most of the time. i herd with the time it will start to bind up but over time all swivels will wear out.

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    J ....goju I'm actually using a link swivil
    Thanks for the heads up jordan.. i just got a new board with a everlast link swivel.. After reading so many posts here and seeing most of the guys using ball swivels, i was a bit concerned how versatile the chain link was .. but after seeing your vid, your doing great with a chain link

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    ...hopefully once I've read the whole bible, I'll be able to throw up a vid with some punch drumming skills...I can't freakin wait. Like spin would say BAG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jordan, you don't need to read and understand the "whole bible" to Punch Drum. The truth is, you can start Punch Drumming right now, just keep a beat with the Basic Rhythm. Start with a slow song, then tap your foot, then do the Basic Rhythm, adjusting your punching speed so your Single Fist Punches hit ON the beat, (when you tap your foot..). Forget about the non-punched swinging rebounds, concentrate on the main accented punch beat. Do that, and you ARE Punch Drumming.
    Sure, the more techniques and combo's you know, the more possibilities you have, but you can punch to music right now. It's a great way to learn control, because the speed and meter of the song usually doesn't change, making your ability to repetitively punch more consistent.

The truth is, I only use about 14 or 16 of the possible 24 techniques when I'm Punch Drumming, and you'll find favorites that you can use a lot.

You are progressing very well. The combinations in the Side Chapter are getting more and more difficult. That's really deep into the system, so good job! The end is worth the journey...
    Last edited by Speedbag; 09-15-2009, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    JEEZ, I love your explainations Alan, I'm glad I'm doin it right, the video itself is the first time I tried it so its a bit scruffy haha, but you seem to put it all in prospective mr. Kahn....thanks to tichy and goju ....goju I'm actually using a link swivil in this vid, I'd actually prefer a metal ball swivel, but I can't find one, and the plastic ball swivel I had I ruined by trying to super glue it in place, it just dried a bit too quick hahaha.... I really appreciate all the advice that you give me Alan, you are truly a tribute to pursueing something that you love. I also appreciate the praise from Tichy; I'm goin at the bag like I've never done before and it feels good to be told that the fruits of my labor are bearing fruit...hopefully once I've read the whole bible, I'll be able to throw up a vid with some punch drumming skills...I can't freakin wait. Like spin would say BAG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• spinsmashpop
    replied
    Jordan, you're getting better every day. What a difference from when we bagged in the truck!
    BAG ON!
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 09-15-2009, 02:45 AM. Reason: felt the need to add colorful bags!

Leave a comment:

• goju
    replied
    what swivel are you using jordan ? nice vid btw

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...