Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roni 9x12 striking bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roni 9x12 striking bag

    I kinda stopped baggin, then I got a private message from roni, He wanted to Gift me his Proto type 9x12. Got the bag on Friday, Boy his bags ship pretty darn fast from Bulgaria, This bags leather feels alittle thicker than the other bags, You can feel it on your fist more which is something I love, I don't know where or what kind of leather he uses but it's Quality is better than everyone's else's, The fact that his bags aren't mass produced tells you something.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    You are right on the money about his bags. Quality materials and handmade by a Craftsman and amazingly fast shipping. I have one but I have moved recently and trying to get my equipment up again to resume hitting on his bag and others(His is up there with my favorite/top bags). Will be acquiring another of his bags soon

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep trying to describe Roni Bags (I only have one) there will be more, and I have come to the conclusion at this time (I) consider it the "BENCH MARK".

      Comment


      • #4
        I know this has been said before but it is worth saying again . Roni Speedbags are truly a masterpiece they have great craftsmanship along with the softest leather I have hit on.He also has the best colors that are available along with the best customer service and delivery in the game.
        Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        Last edited by Mickey Dix; 12-21-2021, 12:25 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's really tempting, but made the decision to stick with historic bags, I have only one "modern" in my collection.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fully agreed. If you haven’t hit a Roni bag, you don’t know what a really good speedbag is.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              It's really tempting, but made the decision to stick with historic bags, I have only one "modern" in my collection.
              I'm done with Vintage bags, I have wasted way to much money on Historic bags, With the money I wasted on them I could have bought roni bags 4 times over. The last bag I bought was a Wilson bag, it looked perfect and didn't look dried out (when zooming in) and No cuts or tears, it is probably my favorite Vintage bag to hit on (Wilson 1280 Striking bag) Now that roni is making Striking bags that are faster and have high quality leather, there is no reason in taking a chance anymore with the Vintage Striking bags, I'll add a picture of the Wilson bag.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not hitting much right now, developed a case of bursitis in my left elbow, doctor told me to avoid using my left arm for a while. Most of my historic bags I don't use that much any more, although the Tuf-Wear bags were getting some action before I had to lay off. I used to be able to get bags off of eBay reasonably, but now (maybe due to this forum) the asking prices have gotten astronomic for bags that probably wouldn't survive shipping.
                Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                Last edited by Dutchman; 12-28-2021, 01:05 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  I'm not hitting much right now, developed a case of bursitis in my left elboy, doctor told me to avoid using my left arm for a while. Most of my historic bags I don't use that much any more, although the Tuf-Wear bags were getting some action before I had to lay off. I used to be able to get bags off of eBay reasonably, but now (maybe due to this forum) the asking prices have gotten astronomic for bags that probably wouldn't survive shipping.
                  Sorry to hear about your elbow, The Tuf-Wear bags do last along time though, probably do to the leather they used, I feel your right about the prices and this forum, Those guys probably did a search on the net and seen that some of us wanted Vintage bags, Guys are even trying to sell bags that have rips and dried out leather for ridiculous prices, I'm done with ebay.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not hitting much right now, developed a case of bursitis in my left elboy, doctor told me to avoid using my left arm for a while.
                    Sorry to hear that. I do suffer the same problem, for half a year now and can’t get it alright. It’s coming back again every time I’m at the bag for over 20min. I stopped elbowing for a time and am often treated by my physio. He tells me that this can last months and advised to get of the bag for more than 3 months. That’s the hard cut, and I’m not at this point right now. Hope you’re getting well soon dad!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DizzyD View Post

                      Sorry to hear that. I do suffer the same problem, for half a year now and can’t get it alright. It’s coming back again every time I’m at the bag for over 20min. I stopped elbowing for a time and am often treated by my physio. He tells me that this can last months and advised to get of the bag for more than 3 months. That’s the hard cut, and I’m not at this point right now. Hope you’re getting well soon dad!
                      This is the single biggest "Bane" of speed bagging. It's not necessarily "stressing" the joint under load like heavy lifting or presses, But it's the sheer repetitiveness of it. when I had my left shoulder replaced, my surgeon had watched my video's and gave me an example of what is going on inside. Remember, I hit with my "elbows up" so the fist goes straight though the belly of the bag to the back. He put his left hand up, palm open and placed his right fist in Front Straight Punch Position onto the palm, so the knuckles of his right fist were resting on the left palm. then he start twisting his forearm back and form, over and over, and he said "This is what is happening inside your shoulder, probably thousands of times a workout." he said "No cartilage surface can hold up for years and years." He also explained that my left shoulder blade was drooping down lower then normal a result of my cervical laminectomy 7 years prior, which place more of the posterior (top) part of my shoulder socket onto the head of the humerus. After 7 years of "twisting" the joint was sheered clean of cartilage. Trust me, THAT hurts. so it had to be replace.

                      For the record, he rebuilt my left glenoid (socket) with covering of Horse heart tissue.

                      He said if I was careful and didn't "overdue it" I'd get about 10 years of bagging from it. That was 15 years ago.

                      Attached Files
                      Speed Bag

                      Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...


                      sigpic

                      The Art of the Bag

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

                        This is the single biggest "Bane" of speed bagging. It's not necessarily "stressing" the joint under load like heavy lifting or presses, But it's the sheer repetitiveness of it. when I had my left shoulder replaced, my surgeon had watched my video's and gave me an example of what is going on inside. Remember, I hit with my "elbows up" so the fist goes straight though the belly of the bag to the back. He put his left hand up, palm open and placed his right fist in Front Straight Punch Position onto the palm, so the knuckles of his right fist were resting on the left palm. then he start twisting his forearm back and form, over and over, and he said "This is what is happening inside your shoulder, probably thousands of times a workout." he said "No cartilage surface can hold up for years and years." He also explained that my left shoulder blade was drooping down lower then normal a result of my cervical laminectomy 7 years prior, which place more of the posterior (top) part of my shoulder socket onto the head of the humerus. After 7 years of "twisting" the joint was sheered clean of cartilage. Trust me, THAT hurts. so it had to be replace.

                        For the record, he rebuilt my left glenoid (socket) with covering of Horse heart tissue.

                        He said if I was careful and didn't "overdue it" I'd get about 10 years of bagging from it. That was 15 years ago.
                        I remember years ago you were talking about your shoulders, I can't imagine the pain you were in but that's the thing that sucks about doing anything that we love to do, and it's that repetitive nature of any sport that wears things down, What I notice when I started bagging again when I joined this forum was having my platform to high the way I used to have it, I noticed right away that it was putting a strain on my shoulders and making them hurt, as soon as I lowered the platform to a spot where I could just fit my head under the platform, it took all the strain off my shoulders, I had it setup to where I could just fit a finger or two between my head and the drum.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Right now it's hardly noticeable, still taking an anti inflammatory. Not going to rush things, it had been the size of a golf ball, six weeks ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Right now it's hardly noticeable, still taking an anti inflammatory. Not going to rush things, it had been the size of a golf ball, six weeks ago.
                            Have you tried a CBD balm, I would buy some Revive CBD balm for my Mom when she was alive, for her it seemed to work better than the prescription topical, but it only helped alittle bit, it didn't work for me, Arthritis.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Modified my roni bag loop, Making it shorter made a fast bag even faster, I liked it before and how it was but from my experience of shortening loops, I knew what I had to do, Man it is so much fun to bag on now, Doing that just made me want to hit the bag even more.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X