No announcement yet.

New Swivel, Firstlaw Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this 3 layer one that is similar in width to my butcher block in thickness. I couldn't find the 5 layer one anywhere poking around. But the 3 foot wide room of that platform you made is glorious! My tiny 24 inch platform I always feel like I'm going to punch the wall bracket... Some day if I get good at this speed bag thing I might have to try and do something custom.

https://speedbagforum.com/forums/fil...fetch?id=93924

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

Yeah it on here somewhere, it's a 3 foot Octagon shape, I plan on building a 4 or 5 foot Octagon shaped platform for the my old school Ball-rope swivels, I think I have a video of that too somewhere on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
      I came across this 3 layer one that is similar in width to my butcher block in thickness. I couldn't find the 5 layer one anywhere poking around. But the 3 foot wide room of that platform you made is glorious! My tiny 24 inch platform I always feel like I'm going to punch the wall bracket... Some day if I get good at this speed bag thing I might have to try and do something custom.

https://speedbagforum.com/forums/fil...fetch?id=93924

The benefits of having a big board is having the capability to hit the big vintage bags of old that the old timers used to hit on back in the day, You get to hit on any size bag and you get the benefits of the feel of how each bag has its own characteristics, You also get to build your strength with the bigger bags, At first you might get frustrated because some of the bigger bags are slower than others but you need to give it time, Once your power has built up from punching the big bags, you will enjoy it more, The small light bags have their limits, So you can think of it this way, If you can get the big bags to move fast than what can you do with the smaller bags, Also if you find a big bag that isn't to heavy and has soft leather, I will guarantee you will pick up new hitting combinations easier, Than go down to a medium size bag, than the small bags.

Comment

Agree 100% I think using the bigger heavier bags for stamina and strength would likely help with improving endurance bagging on the smaller bags. But I'm big on the fitness as well as fun aspect and well rounded practice would use the tiny bags to max out speed and accuracy but would use larger bags to improve strength and endurance. I also agree that to learn new combinations it does make sense to use the bigger bags to slow things down and create bigger targets.

I have a 5x7 and 6x9 currently. In the mail I have a 5x8, 7x10 and 8x11 coming. My platform might be too small for anything above a 8x11. Will have to wait and see and try it out. I can kind of approach it from different angles to avoid hitting the wall but bagging from all directions (bible style) is difficult with a small 24 inch platform close to the wall with a large bag.

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

The benefits of having a big board is having the capability to hit the big vintage bags of old that the old timers used to hit on back in the day, You get to hit on any size bag and you get the benefits of the feel of how each bag has its own characteristics, You also get to build your strength with the bigger bags, At first you might get frustrated because some of the bigger bags are slower than others but you need to give it time, Once your power has built up from punching the big bags, you will enjoy it more, The small light bags have their limits, So you can think of it this way, If you can get the big bags to move fast than what can you do with the smaller bags, Also if you find a big bag that isn't to heavy and has soft leather, I will guarantee you will pick up new hitting combinations easier, Than go down to a medium size bag, than the small bags.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...
        X