New Swivel, Firstlaw Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Swivel, Firstlaw Fitness

New swivel on the market from firstlaw fitness.
    Attached Files

Looks like a take on the Deville Swivel....
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

It does, doesn't it.....

Comment

It's actually kinda a version of the forza, swiveltek but plastic base, it has a half steel ball and the rubber plug snapped into the top like the forza.

Comment

Not sure what the other mentioned swivels were made of but it's not just any plastic. The base is made from UHMW. I was thinking of doing a review once I have a bit more bagging on it. Long story short this is a very durable material called ultra high molecular weight polyethylene. It a very durable self lubricating material used in factories for it's low friction and durability properties. Seems like the the best material possible for durability and sound reduction. So far I have found it to be extremely impressive with just a small drop of 3-1 lube it's like butter and whisper quiet.

I doubt this swivel would have the issue the of cracking from tightening it to the board that some "plastic" swivels mention. I know thrasher's have this issue mentioned on his page and the price of this swivel from Firstlaw is 10 USD cheaper.

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
          It's actually kinda a version of the forza, swiveltek but plastic base, it has a half steel ball and the rubber plug snapped into the top like the forza.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            Not sure what the other mentioned swivels were made of but it's not just any plastic. The base is made from UHMW. I was thinking of doing a review once I have a bit more bagging on it. Long story short this is a very durable material called ultra high molecular weight polyethylene. It a very durable self lubricating material used in factories for it's low friction and durability properties. Seems like the the best material possible for durability and sound reduction. So far I have found it to be extremely impressive with just a small drop of 3-1 lube it's like butter and whisper quiet.

I doubt this swivel would have the issue the of cracking from tightening it to the board that some "plastic" swivels mention. I know thrasher's have this issue mentioned on his page and the price of this swivel from Firstlaw is 10 USD cheaper.

I've never had any of my plastic swivels from the difference members that have made them (and I had them all) ever crack at the mounting point to the drum, I even drilled out more material of Thrasher's swivel so that is not an issue.

Comment

His words... not mine. "...put your drill on a low torque setting so that it doesn't shatter the plastic, or anything like that because you can, it's plastic." - Trasher -> https://youtu.be/oqM88HBtKUE?t=31

To your point it's probably fine if you don't over torque the screws. I'm just pointing out this issue is not present with the firstlaw fitness swivel because it is not just plastic. With the superior material it won't be and issue and will also wear slower using the industrial material UHMW instead of plastic.

QUOTE=ventanakaz;n126768]

I've never had any of my plastic swivels from the difference members that have made them (and I had them all) ever crack at the mounting point to the drum, I even drilled out more material of Thrasher's swivel so that is not an issue.[/QUOTE]

Comment

So this is my opinion, I would never use a drill to install any swivel on a wood platform, That's just lame. Hand tool is all you need, That being said you can strip out the wood even with a hand screw driver

Comment

I don't use screws into wood, I use bolts all the way through the wood with washer and lock nut backings to avoid any stripping chances. This is also the best setup if you plan to switch swivels as repeat in and out of screws will result in stripping of the wood eventually. But if using wood screws I would also say hand tightening is your best bet.

But off topic, regardless of all of that the UHWM being a superior material for a cheaper price was the only point I was trying to make.

So this is my opinion, I would never use a drill to install any swivel on a wood platform, That's just lame. Hand tool is all you need, That being said you can strip out the wood even with a hand screw driver

Comment

I used to use the bolt all the way though too but when I got to the point of having five boards glued together it became a pita to change out swivels and I changed them out alot.

Comment

I could see that. You could recess the washers and nuts into the back no matter how thick your platform but if what you are doing works, then it works...

I used to use the bolt all the way though too but when I got to the point of having five boards glued together it became a pita to change out swivels and I changed them out alot.

Comment

I could see that. You could recess the washers and nuts into the back no matter how thick your platform but if what you are doing works, then it works...

That's a great idea, I don't know why I never thought to permanently recess the washers and nuts

Comment

Do you have pictures of your 5 board setup? Sounds beefy and custom. Love to see it.

That's a great idea, I don't know why I never thought to permanently recess the washers and nuts

Comment

Do you have pictures of your 5 board setup? Sounds beefy and custom. Love to see it.

Yeah it on here somewhere, it's a 3 foot Octagon shape, I plan on building a 4 or 5 foot Octagon shaped platform for the my old school Ball-rope swivels, I think I have a video of that too somewhere on here.

Comment

If you go to my profile and look up my media pictures you'll find a bottom view of my 3 foot Octagon platform

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X