Thrasher house swivel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrasher house swivel

Making the T-hook on a Thrasher (Jeff's) House swivel shorter is very easy, Just add a knot and if you have a metal Everlast swivel that you can't use because you can't install you bag loop on it because it's to wide for the everlast S-hook, Just cut the S-hook off and use a T-hook in its place.
    Attached Files

Good idea to use it with the Everlast metal-swivel. I like the sound of that swivel, but that S-hook isn’t very comfortable with most bags.

Comment

I already replaced some S-hooks with the T-hook. The T-hook hits and rebounds truer, and you can make different lengths for different bags. You can order "Black Cord Stoppers" and Paracord Size 550 from Hobby Lobby. Jeff Thrasher has a video on how to make them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Walker View Post
        I already replaced some S-hooks with the T-hook. The T-hook hits and rebounds truer, and you can make different lengths for different bags. You can order "Black Cord Stoppers" and Paracord Size 550 from Hobby Lobby. Jeff Thrasher has a video on how to make them.
        I didn't know that, Didn't know Jeff had a video, I was skeptical of the Paracord but I know paranday has used it for years, He had a picture of his setup posted along time ago.

Comment

T-hook is a cool improvement. With Paracord the ball is no longer necessary. An eyebolt that spins in a bearing will do. Bearing should be dry, no lube, for lowest friction.

Comment

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            T-hook is a cool improvement. With Paracord the ball is no longer necessary. An eyebolt that spins in a bearing will do. Bearing should be dry, no lube, for lowest friction.
            I'm still a fan of the ball ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

I'm still a fan of the ball ;-)
              Me too you just have to make sure you get Cinderella home on time!
              I think I'll try what Paranday suggested by converting a chain link swivel See how it hits

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...
              X