• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eureka
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2021

Platinum Atomic

1st Post.. Photos from earlier years, committed to hit it till the last round !

Videos will be re-made when mastering combination.. Their just there to introduce some of the work that y’all have inspired in me, nothing new just another day connecting combos.

Static Combo

360• Combo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eureka; 05-19-2021, 07:48 PM.
  • Jim Walker
    • Dec 2018

Judging from the blood splatter, you are not hitting all around the bag equally.

Comment

• Eureka
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2021

Indeed! Photos where taken before I was introduced to Blessed “Speed Bag Bible” tried uploading my most recent video, unfortunately didn't let me.. Still trying to find ways!

Currently using Tabata App for conditioning purposes, on a regular I train 12-24, 3 mins rounds when on weekends so far reached up too 60 rounds varying advanced combinations every 12 rounds.. Still lots to learn & currently reading Speed Bag Bible.. Eager to learn Punch Drumming to the beat of music!

P.S Not bleeding anymore.. I was committed to use knuckles on an overinflated bag, only proof how little did I knew about this community & their special tips!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jim Walker
        • Dec 2018

You could punch drum to "Blood Spatter" by SHIV-R.

Comment

• Eureka
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2021

Originally posted by Jim Walker View Post
          You could punch drum to "Blood Spatter" by SHIV-R.
          Recently Uploaded a few seconds training.. Thank you for the song, will learn that one!

Comment

• Eureka
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2021

Originally posted by ventanakaz

If you have a video on YouTube than you can share it on here (edit) are you on Instagram ?
            Only because you suggested it..! I’ve studied your Advance Combo video a few lots of times & it’s now part of my daily training! Glad I’ve stumble upon your work, thank you sharing & looking forward to keep improving.

Videos here.

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

P.S. Currently no social media, perhaps again soon !

Comment

• Eureka
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2021

Originally posted by ventanakaz

Right on, Good Work. If you can try lowering your platform, You'll have an easier time with elbows if the drum is lower, Just my opinion.
              Totally agree, already hit enough the bag “Chin Leveled with Bag Belly or Bottom” just trying to push some boundaries, if it hinders my growth I will regress to normal. Also 1 of the 3 mins of a Round sometimes I integrate foot work ex. Jumping/Bouncing for conditioning purposes and was scraping elbows with drum, principal reason I then moved to Nose level.
              Last edited by Eureka; 05-19-2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• surfingcowboy
                • May 2020

Originally posted by Eureka View Post

Totally agree, already hit enough the bag “Chin Leveled with Bag Belly or Bottom” just trying to push some boundaries, if it hinders my growth I will regress to normal. Also 1 of the 3 mins of a Round sometimes I integrate foot work ex. Jumping/Bouncing for conditioning purposes and was scraping elbows with drum, principal reason I then moved to Nose level.
                I hear you on the elbow bumping/scraping I've been working out on the speed bag many moons and just recently working into the Bible Style and been hitting the Not So Funny Bone on the rim at times. I have as one of my platforms the XMark and for the money sure think highly of it and if mounted and weighted properly is a stable and vibration free speed bag platform

Comment

• Eureka
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2021

Originally posted by surfingcowboy View Post

I hear you on the elbow bumping/scraping I've been working out on the speed bag many moons and just recently working into the Bible Style and been hitting the Not So Funny Bone on the rim at times. I have as one of my platforms the XMark and for the money sure think highly of it and if mounted and weighted properly is a stable and vibration free speed bag platform
                  Right on target, funny bone is no joke! Being far from good, tackling them acute variables make a difference as ventanakaz pointed out, a few inches lower & your better! Is a day to day learning process, got many moons & rebounds ahead, just happy to continue learning the ways to go!

My Speed Bag Journey began at Venice Beach, CA on them solid platforms to then my garage at the RGV TX on the XMark which is now at a Private PT Room at a local Golds Gym to share with others the magical rhythms of punch drumming! Looking at ideas to build a well done DIY platform since mounted ones make them walls shake a lot & restrict my 360• form especially practicing with eyes close, lucky for me the platform is in between 2 lights on each side resulting ultimately as a guide to know where Im at even closed eyes some
                  light gets through!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...