Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutchman and parandy, Do either of you have this bag ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchman and parandy, Do either of you have this bag ?

Nice power bag.

Not sure. I have an old Wilson bag that came with a swivel I wanted. The loop turned to dust when I punched it so it got set aside. I still have it somewhere.

Comment

I currently don't have any Wilson bags in my collection.

Comment

That is a real nice looking example, like most of the output of the major sporting goods suppliers, they are well made, heavy duty leather. They were sold in the major department stores when they had complete sporting goods departments in them. I remember the displays in the Kaufmann stores in the Pittsburgh area when I was growing up.

Comment

I wonder how old this bag is or when they made them, Yes the leather is more on the thick side, But for the weight and thickness of this bag, it does bounce pretty good and is fun to hit with elbows, I have a few smaller bags that are way slower than this one, Also one of my 4205s is alot slower, My other Wilson bag that doesn't have the leather skirt on top of the neck is lighter than this one and faster, It's a long neck bag, But it moves really good, in fact it's a good balance between not to heavy and not to light, That one is really fun to hit and is soft on the fist and elbows, The leather on that one is in great condition too, I just hope they hold up with time, I Love the old school bags ;-)

Comment

I'd say that it's in the ball park of about fifty years old, give or take a few.

Comment

Hey Dutchman, and paranday, if your interested in what Wilson bags to look out for, let me know. I could PM you guys about the ones I have, I know like me you guys like and hit on the big bags

Comment

I'm not in the market for any more bags just now. Hope someone here could take advantage of the chance to try one out.

Comment

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  I'm not in the market for any more bags just now. Hope someone here could take advantage of the chance to try one out.
                  I'm in the same boat, the part time job that was the source of most of my discretionary income has been shut down since March, with no foreseeable resumption of operation at this time.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...
                  X