Clear All

• Cazbag
    replied
    Wow! Well done that is a genius setup!

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaz View Post
    When I modified my speed bag platform the first time, the weight of the new maple drum made it difficult to adjust the platform with the wheel crank.The idea of the pulley came from the Primefighter 400 speed bag platform. I could had used a counterweight but i had a 12 vdc winch and everything i needed to transform 120 vac to 12 vdc. As an electrician, i often have to change old systems for modern systems and our boss doesn't want to keep the electric panel of the old systems. Me and my colleagues keep them for the spare parts and to do homemade stuff. 95% of this project is made of used parts that came from these panels. The only things that i had to buy were the sensors, the little box for the remote and the voltage/current meter.

I installed a key switch to be sure only adults could use the winch. The children of my friends like to play in my boxing gym and they could get hurt by the pulley or the winch if they use it...

Using this platform is quite simple. When you raise the platform, the blue light will turn on, but if the top sensor detects the bushing, the winch stops and the red buzzer turn on. When you lower the platform, the white light turn on but if the bottom sensor detect the bushing, the other red buzzer turn on. If the meter detect an overload (like i’m doing in the video by putting my hand on the drum) the winch stop, the green light turn off, the yellow light turn on and i can’t use the winch until i reset it on the meter display. This is very useful to avoid damage to the platform if someone forget to slack the fixing handle.

I could made this project far simpler by just using a counterweight, but it was for me an opportunity to joint 2 passions together and it cost me almost nothing, except time, and every minute spent doing this project was fun!

Now that is an impressive setup. Really cool . Thanks for the video!!!

Leave a comment:

• RockSteadyBoxer
    replied
    That is simply awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    started a topic Modified speed bag platform part 2

Modified speed bag platform part 2

When I modified my speed bag platform the first time, the weight of the new maple drum made it difficult to adjust the platform with the wheel crank.The idea of the pulley came from the Primefighter 400 speed bag platform. I could had used a counterweight but i had a 12 vdc winch and everything i needed to transform 120 vac to 12 vdc. As an electrician, i often have to change old systems for modern systems and our boss doesn't want to keep the electric panel of the old systems. Me and my colleagues keep them for the spare parts and to do homemade stuff. 95% of this project is made of used parts that came from these panels. The only things that i had to buy were the sensors, the little box for the remote and the voltage/current meter.

I installed a key switch to be sure only adults could use the winch. The children of my friends like to play in my boxing gym and they could get hurt by the pulley or the winch if they use it...

Using this platform is quite simple. When you raise the platform, the blue light will turn on, but if the top sensor detects the bushing, the winch stops and the red buzzer turn on. When you lower the platform, the white light turn on but if the bottom sensor detect the bushing, the other red buzzer turn on. If the meter detect an overload (like i’m doing in the video by putting my hand on the drum) the winch stop, the green light turn off, the yellow light turn on and i can’t use the winch until i reset it on the meter display. This is very useful to avoid damage to the platform if someone forget to slack the fixing handle.

I could made this project far simpler by just using a counterweight, but it was for me an opportunity to joint 2 passions together and it cost me almost nothing, except time, and every minute spent doing this project was fun!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Zaz; 10-14-2019, 12:18 AM.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...