Hi. I'm a new member to this forum! I have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by solo_dolo21 View Post
    Here are the pictures. If you need the picture of the speed bag, let me know.

It's this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-M...d-Bag/14292491

It extends outside of the drum. What should I do? Should I modify the drum or stand?

Thanks,

solo_dolo21
    I agree with ventanakaz

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    Hum, those are the worst and I always see a ton of those on sale on craigslist. Search this website and go to alan's website (speed bag central) I think alan suggest using straps to help with the vibration. Welcome to the forum...ralph
    absolutely. Attach some eye-hooks or something to the side edges of the board, a bit toward the back, and put some stabilizing straps to it as seen on the bottom of this link. I could run the luggage straps from the center channel iron that held the board up, but if your set up does not have that luxury, then you can put some type of eye-bolt or eye-screw through the outer edges of your board - out past the normal rebound area of the bag. You could run the stabilizer straps to the rear framing metal by the heavy bag but it would be better to have them go out a bit wider. You also do not need to over tighten the straps. Just make that taught enough to be stiff. they will not completely eliminate the shaking but will make that setup usable until you can upgrade to a more stable set up.

I would also suggest using only a smaller 9x6 or 8x5 bag with that stand. If those bags are too fast for your control right now, let a little air out to make them softer and slower.

hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 07-15-2013, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• solo_dolo21
    replied
    Here are the pictures

Here are the pictures. If you need the picture of the speed bag, let me know.

It's this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-M...d-Bag/14292491

It extends outside of the drum. What should I do? Should I modify the drum or stand?

Thanks,

solo_dolo21
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hi. I'm a new member to this forum! I have a question.

Hi,

I have recently bought used Everlast Dual-Station Stand w/

UFC 100lb Heavy Bag (vinyl)
    Everlast Medium-size Speed Bag

My question is how do I keep the stand from moving from throwing punches & kicks?

I already have 4 sand bags on the front two legs, and 65lbs of weights on the back leg (where the speed bag is located).

Additionally, if I hit the heavy bag too hard, it eventually will fall onto the floor?

Should I consider getting new nuts and bolts? It's always the locking nut that gives up.

Also, how do I stabilize the speed bag platform?

It constantly vibrates, and I'm not able to maintain a rhythm. Should I get a smaller speed bag?

Disclaimer:

I cannot hang the bag nor mount the speed bag to any surface other than the stand.

What can I do?

Thanks,

solo_dolo21
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...