X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by BrewerJosephine View Post
    Oh what a cutie! I need to make something like that for my hamster too to let him swim with me
    Swim with you? Don't you mean spam with you? Begone!

Leave a comment:

• BrewerJosephine
    replied
    Originally posted by ebozyn View Post

Actually... I'd LOVE to see entire Bush Family in that room, and fill it to the same point with OIL.
    Oh what a cutie! I need to make something like that for my hamster too to let him swim with me

playscrabble.net

Leave a comment:

• FightFan
    replied
    Man those contraptions they came up with and used (ref the last photo) were a trip back then. Of course they'd probably say the same thing about the equipment we use today.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    A search at google books on the terms Teddy Roosevelt and punching bag brings up some hits. For example

"...There Teddy worked with a punching bag and did pull-ups on the horizontal bars. He also took boxing lessons. ..."

But it's a copyrighted snippet, so I can't tell where the "there" is.

Another reference,

...His favorite indoor sports to practice in the White House included jujitsu, wrestling, and boxing. In 1905, while boxing with a military aide, Roosevelt was punched in the left eye and permanently blinded...

Maybe he had a speed bag at the White House and it was removed by a later president.

I'm sure that electric Exercycle from the 40's in the photo is long gone. What was the purpose of a powered stationary bicycle? I suspect that's not as ridiculous as it seems, or is it?

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Really? Where is that said. Just wondering 'cause I never heard that.
    I found that tidbit of information sometime ago while I was doing some research for a paper (high school or college). It was in a reference work i.e. a book and I don't remember the title or author. It was a contemporary biography of TR as I recall tho.

Leave a comment:

• ebozyn
    replied
    What... No Speed Bag! I see they do have nice tiles on the walls. They should have tiled the floor, and tiled all the way to the ceiling. put the Ol' boy in, fill it to about 6 inches from the ceiling with water. I hear treading water is good exercise also. That could have given him a good full body workout for a few hours each day.

Actually... I'd LOVE to see entire Bush Family in that room, and fill it to the same point with OIL.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Doesn't seem right, especially considering what a physical culture enthusisast that Teddy Roosevelt was. It's said that he was very proficient with the striking bag.
    Really? Where is that said. Just wondering 'cause I never heard that.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Doesn't seem right, especially considering what a physical culture enthusisast that Teddy Roosevelt was. It's said that he was very proficient with the striking bag.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    started a topic White House gym, late 1940s

White House gym, late 1940s

No speed bag. I'm disappointed.
    Attached Files
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...