Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atgatt
    replied
    Met, so glad you posted and let us know, and also got it off your chest. Like you said, that cold-ass weather sure does not help. I just got off the phone with my sister in St. Louis who really screwed up her back by slipping on her steep driveway.

Unreal how a muscle strain can hurt so bad. I did read recently that they found that people who do stomach exercises to avoid back pain didn't get relief. The study said that just doing the stomach muscles caused an imbalance of support, and the proper way to help the back is to do stomach exercises AND side and back exercises to keep the strength balanced. Since reading that, that is what I am doing. Maybe (and I'm not a doctor, even though I wished I was paid like one), when you heal up, start slowly on strengthening your core muscles. A prize fighter stays in shape for what their sport demands, it is good for us to do it for what our job demands. You have a rough, physical job. You look strong as hell and I am sure you are, but somehow I think you would benefit from further working those muscles that are needing it to take the demands of your job's work.

Enjoy your time off. No sense in worrying about it. You'll heal up and will come back even stronger, you certainly have the discipline. Please know that I am praying for you and let us know how you are coming along. We care on this forum.

My family is always trying to get me to play their Wii games but they just don't appeal to me. Still, enjoy your PS2. My grand kids I'm sure would love to join you.

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    started a topic metaldad sitting injured...............again@#$%%

metaldad sitting injured...............again@#$%%

So last week as I'm sitting on the couch with my wife reading and catching up on stuff I recorded, a small pain srtaed on my right side. No big deal, probably sat wrong or slept in an awkward position. That was Wednesday night. Thursday night I went to work. The pain began to intensify. My night started at the Chicago terminal, then the Bridgeview terminal (1/2 hour drive), back to Chicago where I hooked a set of doubles and drove to LaSalle, Il( 1 1/2 hour drive) where I was in and out of a forklift for about 2 1/2 hours and the pain began to intensify more. From there I drove to Bloomington, Il.(about 1-1 1/2hr drive from LaSalle) and back to Chicago (3 Hrs drive time), put the trailers and tractor away, did my paperwork and went home. Friday I had a job interview( I took ALOT of Ibuprofin) by the the time Friday Evening rolled around, the pain was so intense that I couldn't move! I had to literally crawl to the damn bathroom!!. After we argued a bit my wife finally convinced me to got to the ER. After bloodwork, CAT scan, killer hallucinogenics(LOL) and Ultrasound(checking for torsion in the private parts), I was diagnosed with an acute muscle strain.......WHICH BOGGLES MY FREAKIN' MIND! So for the next two weeks, I'm to do nothing but sit and take Naproxen for pain and Diazepam so I can sleep. I was naughty and hit the bag a bit yesterday. But mostly I'm taking it easy. Catching up on reading , Tv and playing the hell out of Onimusha 3 on the family PS2. I wish I could pinpoint the cause. I haven't been too strenuously working out lately due to having a pretty physical job that leaves me wiped out. Sorry about this epic post folks. Seems like I do this to myself every year about this time.........I'm gonna win the lottery and move to a warmer climate!
    Last edited by metaldad; 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...