X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Hey MD, sorry to hear about your recent injury. I hope you're up and back to normal soon. Take it easy and follow your doctor's orders.

Good luck with the job interview. Since you'll be home for awhile, will you be posting more?????
    Thanks Biff! I'll be posting as much as my wife will let me LMAO. She seems to have commandered the computer.................

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Priceless Footage! I don't remember seeing that before. By the look of his speed bag ability he probably can't help you out much....
    Figured you'd dig that Alan! however, I would be foolish to solicit help from a cute fuzzy little creature that is voiced by Howie Mandel! That's right ...Mr. Mandel did Gizmo's voice...He made fun of it in one of his standups. How he got paid paid lots of money for basically using the same voice for three different characters! Gizmo, Bobby from "Bobby's World" and one more who escapes me. I'd been trying to find that speed bag scene from Gremlins 2 for the longest!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Maybe so, but I still maintain it's all his fault.............and I'm still serious about his speed bag advice.....of COURSE my pain meds are from the ACME CORP.
    Priceless Footage! I don't remember seeing that before. By the look of his speed bag ability he probably can't help you out much....

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    Hey MD, sorry to hear about your recent injury. I hope you're up and back to normal soon. Take it easy and follow your doctor's orders.

Good luck with the job interview. Since you'll be home for awhile, will you be posting more?????

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Hope you feel better soon MetalDad, those weird injuries suck. I had a buddy who had to be taken out of the school gym in a wheel chair in High School, whole battery of tests, and never pinpointed anything other than he had done a crazy amount of reps on one of those old school vertical leg presses and probably strained his abs or something real bad. He was doubled over in pain, curled up in the fetal position!
    Thanks Tim....your buddy's situation sounds pretty identical..No fetal position for me, but real damn close! Crawling to the bathroom were no picnic though!.

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    I can't get any of those links to work, MD. Must be your pain meds kickin' in.

Take it easy and heal.
    Maybe so, but I still maintain it's all his fault.............and I'm still serious about his speed bag advice.....of COURSE my pain meds are from the ACME CORP.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    Alan, was the research by any chance done by this guy? and if so, this is what happens when you take speed bag advice from him

Thanks Bro' I haven't gotten bored yet. It's amazing how the days seem to fly by!

Thanks everybody! I'm glad I'm in such a cool place that gives such great support. As usual, metaldad gets knocked down but not out!
    I can't get any of those links to work, MD. Must be your pain meds kickin' in.

Take it easy and heal.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Hope you feel better soon MetalDad, those weird injuries suck. I had a buddy who had to be taken out of the school gym in a wheel chair in High School, whole battery of tests, and never pinpointed anything other than he had done a crazy amount of reps on one of those old school vertical leg presses and probably strained his abs or something real bad. He was doubled over in pain, curled up in the fetal position!

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by atgatt View Post
    Enjoy your time off. No sense in worrying about it. You'll heal up and will come back even stronger, you certainly have the discipline. Please know that I am praying for you and let us know how you are coming along. We care on this forum.

My family is always trying to get me to play their Wii games but they just don't appeal to me. Still, enjoy your PS2. My grand kids I'm sure would love to join you.
    Thanks my friend! I should up and back at it in no time! I've already finished one game of Onimusha 3 on normal now I'm playing again on hard mode. We have a WII also and one of the games has darts and bags on it so I get to play my son regularly

Originally posted by fingers View Post
    Hey MD! good to hear from you, damn those muscle strains hope you heal up quick mate! might be a good opportunity for some relaxing fishing eh!!
    Not unless it's ice fishing big guy! We just got about a foot of snow dumped on us over the past two days and I'm enjoying the good old "indoors" lol!

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    Oh man! I'm awfully sorry to hear about your pain MD. Good luck with the recovery pal Take good care of yourself. On the other hand....at least we'll get to hear from you a bit more.
    Thanks brother! too bad it takes an injury to get me back in here on a regular basis!

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    Hey Metaldad, Hope your feeling better soon brother. If your like me, it's tough to
    be laid up and out of your "usual routine." But like the other guys mentioned,
    take advantage of your time to "rest up." Sometimes your body has weird ways of
    letting you know you need to take a break. Hope everything goes well.
    Yeah tell me about it!The problem is I don't always listen ! Now look at me LOL! Oh well, alomg with catching up on tv, reading and gaming, I'm also working on my chess game!

I've seen this type of thing before, and what they are telling you is all Crap.

Since I work in the medical field and have inside connections for obtaining online image viewing, I called in a favor and snuck a peak at the medical imaging you had done. My friend, it pains me to tell you, but I'm afraid you've got your self a gremlin. It's rare, it's painful, and - yes - it's possible.

I don't normally post people's private medical information online, but in your case I think it will be helpful for you and instructive to the group. The problematic creature can vaguely be seen in your spinal canal, views 1 & 2.

Using the most advanced 3-D medical MRI imaging software, your doctors have been able to zoom in and isolate the level in question, and in view 3 you can see the creature peaking out from inside the vetebral canal. wow, he's a big one. He's pretty quick too, because the pictures show he's moving around.

Unfortunately there is no reliable treatment for this. Unpublished research has shown they are attracted to repetitive rhythmic sounds, and perhaps you could use the speed bag to drawn him out. It's worth a try......

and don't feed them after midnight. that's very important.
    Alan, was the research by any chance done by this guy? and if so, then this is what happens when you take speed bag advice from him

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Man I'm really sorry to hear that bro. I hope you get better soon !!
    Thanks Bro' I haven't gotten bored yet. It's amazing how the days seem to fly by!

Thanks everybody! I'm glad I'm in such a cool place that gives such great support. As usual, metaldad gets knocked down but not out!
    Last edited by metaldad; 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by atgatt View Post
    So THAT'S why my back feels better after hitting the bag. And to think such and ugly thing lives in us.

Question though, when it's drawn out, where does it come out?
    Any orifice it wants to. And none to easily. But the worst problem is what it may be carrying with it.

Leave a comment:

• atgatt
    replied

Since I work in the medical field and have inside connections for obtaining online image viewing, I called in a favor and snuck a peak at the medical imaging you had done. My friend, it pains me to tell you, but I'm afraid you've got your self a gremlin. It's rare, it's painful, and - yes - it's possible.

I don't normally post people's private medical information online, but in your case I think it will be helpful for you and instructive to the group. The problematic creature can vaguely be seen in your spinal canal, views 1 & 2.

Using the most advanced 3-D medical MRI imaging software, your doctors have been able to zoom in and isolate the level in question, and in view 3 you can see the creature peaking out from inside the vetebral canal. wow, he's a big one. He's pretty quick too, because the pictures show he's moving around.

Unfortunately there is no reliable treatment for this. Unpublished research has shown they are attracted to repetitive rhythmic sounds, and perhaps you could use the speed bag to drawn him out. It's worth a try......

So THAT'S why my back feels better after hitting the bag. And to think such and ugly thing lives in us.

Question though, when it's drawn out, where does it come out?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Man I'm really sorry to hear that bro. I hope you get better soon !!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TJ_MaTee
    replied
    Hey Metaldad, Hope your feeling better soon brother. If your like me, it's tough to
    be laid up and out of your "usual routine." But like the other guys mentioned,
    take advantage of your time to "rest up." Sometimes your body has weird ways of
    letting you know you need to take a break. Hope everything goes well.

Leave a comment:

• ukspeedbag
    replied
    Oh man! I'm awfully sorry to hear about your pain MD. Good luck with the recovery pal Take good care of yourself. On the other hand....at least we'll get to hear from you a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• fingers
    replied
    Hey MD! good to hear from you, damn those muscle strains hope you heal up quick mate! might be a good opportunity for some relaxing fishing eh!!

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...