Pacquiao fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao fight

did anyone see the latest pacquiao fight and did he really lose, what did you think of the fight (i didn't see it)...ralph

I thought the decision was a joke..The supposed boxing analysts on yahoo this morning said it was a good thing for the sport because of the potential for a huge gate at the rematch, but the numbers, stats, as well as rounds taken by pacquaio tell a different story. I am hugely disappointed by the decision and my love for the sport has taken a bigger beating than the fighters.

Comment

thanks for the response dogtoke. i guess another fight with bad judging but don't give up on the fighters, the system just sucks but the training the fighters have to go though to get at that level is something else...ralph
      Last edited by ventanakaz; 06-10-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Hey Ralph, Please know that my derision was directed towards the system and not the fighters. I totally agree that their training process is beyond grueling and deserves the utmost respect..Tom

Comment

The last fight (Mayweather vs Cotto) I disagreed with the decision but it was closer than this fight. The last round of Pac/Bradley I remember the stats for punches landed was the ninth and Pac had him something like 126 to 62. Every round was like that though. It was the worst decision I've seen, surprising everyone, including Bradley when it was announced, followed by boos from the crowd and everyone watching at home. I'll keep watching for my love of the sport and just hope for a KO as I have no respect for or confidence in the judges

Comment

thanks for your input sendmorecops and dogtoke :-) i wish i would have saw the fight...ralph

Comment

Originally posted by sendmorecops View Post
              The last fight (Mayweather vs Cotto) I disagreed with the decision but it was closer than this fight. The last round of Pac/Bradley I remember the stats for punches landed was the ninth and Pac had him something like 126 to 62. Every round was like that though. It was the worst decision I've seen, surprising everyone, including Bradley when it was announced, followed by boos from the crowd and everyone watching at home. I'll keep watching for my love of the sport and just hope for a KO as I have no respect for or confidence in the judges
              i scored the Mayweather-Cotto fight 118-110 for Mayweather. cotto sure showed a lot of heart but mayweathers defense was just too good and mayweather outlanded him and was the more dominant fighter. i only gave cotto rounds 6 and round 8.

The Pacquiao Bradley decision was total bullsh!t. even stevie wonder could see that pacquiao won the fight. I scored it 118-110 for pacquiao. the judges from the erislandy lara-paul williams fight were suspended and haven't judged a fight since then and the NSAC is taking no action on this besides ordering a rematch. F*ck that we saw bradley get his ass whooped and that he has no punching power either. he didn't hurt pacquiao at all during the fight. Enough waiting bring on Mayweather

For those who didn't see this ridiculous decision:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Gozzee; 07-01-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gozzee View Post
                i scored the Mayweather-Cotto fight 118-110 for Mayweather. cotto sure showed a lot of heart but mayweathers defense was just too good and mayweather outlanded him and was the more dominant fighter. i only gave cotto rounds 6 and round 8.

The Pacquiao Bradley decision was total bullsh!t. even stevie wonder could see that pacquiao won the fight. I scored it 118-110 for pacquiao. the judges from the erislandy lara-paul williams fight were suspended and haven't judged a fight since then and the NSAC is taking no action on this besides ordering a rematch. F*ck that we saw bradley get his ass whooped and that he has no punching power either. he didn't hurt pacquiao at all during the fight. Enough waiting bring on Mayweather

For those who didn't see this ridiculous decision:
                ...i haven't watched boxing in years and wish they would bring it back to the local channels but that would never happen, so if the mayweather vs pacquiao ever goes down who do you guys think will win...ralph

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                  ...i haven't watched boxing in years and wish they would bring it back to the local channels but that would never happen, so if the mayweather vs pacquiao ever goes down who do you guys think will win...ralph
                  Here are some build up quotes from mayweathers previous fights:

Mayweather vs Hatton--> "I'm willing to die just to win"

Mayweather vs Ortiz --> "I'm willing to die just to win"

Mayweather vs Cotto --> "I'm willing to die just to win"

MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO "My health is of more concern"

If I didn't think that Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao I'd predict him to win but i do think he is scared and will lose to pacquiao if the two ever fight primarily for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Gozzee View Post
                    Here are some build up quotes from mayweathers previous fights:

Mayweather vs Hatton--> "I'm willing to die just to win"

Mayweather vs Ortiz --> "I'm willing to die just to win"

Mayweather vs Cotto --> "I'm willing to die just to win"

MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO "My health is of more concern"

If I didn't think that Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao I'd predict him to win but i do think he is scared and will lose to pacquiao if the two ever fight primarily for that reason.
                    ...do you know if there is going to be a rematch between pac and brad ?

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                      ...do you know if there is going to be a rematch between pac and brad ?
                      listen all I know is that pacquiao is scheduled to fight again on Nov 10 either against Cotto Bradley or Marquez and i don't want to see him fight bradley again because he whooped his ass good enough and as long as bradley feels like he is not getting the credit that he feels that he deserves then pacquiao shouldn't give him a rematch. Maybe pacquiao can tab Bradley for sparring but no rematch.

Comment

Unfortunately for a number of reasons its been made clear that fight will never happen even though everyone wants to see it. But if it did Pac would beat Mayweather for sure. Mayweathers scared and couldn't keep up with Pacquiao's speed

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...
                        X