Fight replay:
    Martinez
    50.00%
    Macklin
    50.00%
    Draw
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Gozzee; 03-19-2012, 03:58 AM.

Track this Fight Live on HBO Punchzone

Punch by Punch
    to
    Round by Round

these are the compubox stats that update every second of each round

http://www.hbopunchzone.com/
    Here is an example of what it looks like
    Last edited by Gozzee; 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Martinez wins by 11th round TKO- wants either Mayweather or Chavez Jr next

Comment

Unorthodox

I watched this fight last night. I was rooting for Macklin mostly for the reason that he's Irish and it would have been fitting for him to win on St. Patrick's Day.

Agentinian boxer, Sergio Martinez definitely has a distinct boxing style. His stance, foot work, the way he holds his arms at his side while walking flat-footed around the ring. A very different style. He's relatively new to the sport, too, if I heard correctly. He didn't take up boxing until he was 20(?)... Interesting.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          I watched this fight last night. I was rooting for Macklin mostly for the reason that he's Irish and it would have been fitting for him to win on St. Patrick's Day.

Agentinian boxer, Sergio Martinez definitely has a distinct boxing style. His stance, foot work, the way he holds his arms at his side while walking flat-footed around the ring. A very different style. He's relatively new to the sport, too, if I heard correctly. He didn't take up boxing until he was 20(?)... Interesting.
          False his professional debut was in 1997
          http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4429&cat=boxer here is his page with his record

P.S. Sergio Martinez is the #3 P4P best fighter in the world behind Floyd Mayweather Jr. behind Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Gozzee View Post
            False his professional debut was in 1997
            To clarify my original comment, I wasn't referring to his professional career... I guess I should have been more specfic.

If his bio is accurate, "Martinez began boxing at the age of 20." http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:14429
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Those p4p rankings are bunk. He may have a 2 loss record, but other than avenging his loss to Paul Williams and beating Pavlik he really has never beaten anyone. Marquez should be ranked higher than him. Love the fact that they give props to Andre Ward, but Chavez jr. should be ranked higher as well for his willingness to fight many times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Those p4p rankings are bunk. He may have a 2 loss record, but other than avenging his loss to Paul Williams and beating Pavlik he really has never beaten anyone. Marquez should be ranked higher than him. Love the fact that they give props to Andre Ward, but Chavez jr. should be ranked higher as well for his willingness to fight many times a year.
                chavez jr should be way behind Martinez. its not even close. his father was the best mexican fighter of all time. chavez jr has been ducking and dodging Martinez for a long time and he did so again by signing a match on June 16th with some no-name. Chavez Jr will get destroyed by Martinez.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/ratings
                these are the official rankings

Comment

Working...
                X