X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by swfl View Post
    Good evening. Roge said I should post this to hitting to music because "you were actually on time every once in a while" lol Trying to keep the beat is difficult for me.

That would actually be a challenging song to punch drum to due to the meter of it and accent patterns of the melody. It's faster than you think, and you nailed the correct "straight time" or basic punching speed around 1:28 - 1:48.

I notice there were times when your bag beat did fall in sync at "half time" speed, meaning your punch beat was slow enough behind the actual song beat that your accents sync up at exactly half the rate of the song. Sound complicated but the easiest way is to consider you might make 8 punches directly on 8 beats of the music (taps of your foot), but at half time you would punch 4 times in those eight beats. Trick is those 4 punches may fall in a triplet pattern or can be manipulated to happen in a double bounce pattern by passing the fist(s) through the bag. However it happens, your ears will tell you when it's "on beat" with the song. With practice you will learn to manipulate that on purpose.

But ya gotta start somewhere! Good punching and some really nice combo's in your set.

Leave a comment:

• rehamco1
    replied
    I liked the elbow hits and different combinations. working to get elbow hits in my next video..thank you for posting yours

Leave a comment:

• swfl
    started a topic Wed night

Wed night

Good evening. Roge said I should post this to hitting to music because "you were actually on time every once in a while" lol Trying to keep the beat is difficult for me.

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...