X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake
    • Mar 2011

Aerosmith

I just haven't been feeling it lately. I blame it on not enough sunlight, not enough hiking because the dog is getting to old, poor diet, and just worrying about stuff.

I've just been doing some light bumping here and there, but the other night I felt like the fog lifted when this Aerosmith song came on.

Although I haven't been commenting on the Forum lately, I still follow, and enjoy watching all the videos and reading about who's doing what.

• CeSalt
    • Nov 2013

Love the alternation on the front fist roll. I'm just starting out and hadn't seen this before. Thanks!

Comment

• rehamco1
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2013

enjoyed your video thanks for posting it. liked the different combinations

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

I feel ya' ... it's been COLD in the northest this year... and there's always something to worry about, that's why I hit the bag, it's the best release!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Jake
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CeSalt View Post
          Love the alternation on the front fist roll. I'm just starting out and hadn't seen this before. Thanks!
          Hey CeSalt, Sometimes I find closing my eyes while doing forward and reverse fist rolls with hammer and regular Punch bumps thrown in to be very relaxing. That really helped me with reverse fist rolls.

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          Glad to see you back in video form again Jake, your not the only one that has had a poor diet and worry about things, I just put up a short vid and notice I look like I gained some weight. I need to do more baggin and do some cardio (mountain bike riding and jumping the bike again)...ralph
          Ralph I left the dog home and went for a long hike. I feel like a new man. I hate leaving my old dog home. He's been by my side 24/7 for almost 12 years. But he's just to slow now, and he seems happy to be left home in the garage.

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
          enjoyed your video thanks for posting it. liked the different combinations
          Thank you Rehamco, I have seen some of your videos. You're getting good. You must be putting in lots of time.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          I feel ya' ... it's been COLD in the northest this year... and there's always something to worry about, that's why I hit the bag, it's the best release!
          Zaza, like I was telling Ralph, after a good powerwalk in the fresh cold air yesterday afternoon I felt great. I used to do that almost everday. 2.5 hour average walk. I'm getting back into it. I'm going to order ART OF THE BAG. It looks great!

Comment

• Jollygood49
            • Jan 2013

Thanks for the vid Jake. I also enjoyed watching those alternating fist rolls. After watching it I couldn't help but go down to my platform to work on those because of how neat they look performed so smoothly. Keep up the great baggin!

Comment

• swfl
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2013

Very nice. Thank you for posting. Something new to work on!

Comment

• Jake
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jollygood49 View Post
                Thanks for the vid Jake. I also enjoyed watching those alternating fist rolls. After watching it I couldn't help but go down to my platform to work on those because of how neat they look performed so smoothly. Keep up the great baggin!
                Hey Jollygood those alternating fist rolls feel good. When I was starting to try them I found I did better with my eyes closed. Now I do them often. They seem to work well with many songs.

Originally posted by swfl View Post
                Very nice. Thank you for posting. Something new to work on!
                Swfl that's one thing I love about the speed bag. There's always something to learn. I usually have a couple favorite new things I'm working on.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Thanks Jake. I'll be looking for your order, I really think you'll enjoy the film.

Comment

• Jake
                    • Mar 2011

Thanks Jake. I'll be looking for your order, I really think you'll enjoy the film.
                    Thanks for sending the DVD right out Zaza! I think I ordered it about 2:30 yesterday afternoon, and it was in my mailbox by 11:00 this morning.

I only had a little time to take a look today. I'm excited to watch it tonight. What I saw was great!

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      Thanks for sending the DVD right out Zaza! I think I ordered it about 2:30 yesterday afternoon, and it was in my mailbox by 11:00 this morning.

I only had a little time to take a look today. I'm excited to watch it tonight. What I saw was great!
                      Great! I hope you enjoy it...spread the word. I hope you can make it down to SPEEDB.A.G. V in July, it would be nice to see you hit in person.

Comment

• Jake
                        • Mar 2011

Great! I hope you enjoy it...spread the word. I hope you can make it down to SPEEDB.A.G. V in July, it would be nice to see you hit in person.
                        Wow! Zaza you did an awesome job with Art of the Bag. I watched it last night and I'm watching it again now. I have a lot to say about how great it is, but I'm going to get back to watching it now.

Comment

• Zaza
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Wow! Zaza you did an awesome job with Art of the Bag. I watched it last night and I'm watching it again now. I have a lot to say about how great it is, but I'm going to get back to watching it now.
                          Excellent! I'm so glad you like the film, it was a passion project...and a story that needed to be told. Now please spread the word, I'm trying to make 2014 the "Year of the Bag"!

More people need to know about the amazing speed bag.

Comment

• swfl
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2013

Thank you again for this video. I have been working on the alternating fist rolls since the day you posted. It is funny how the learning curve went for me. It was easier day one than 3 days later. Getting it in with a forward..reverse..stutter.. and alternating fist rolls is where I am at. Now going from a standard forward to reverse my percentage is down and find myself banging hands. You really make it look effortless. Thanks again

Comment

• Jake
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by swfl View Post
                              Thank you again for this video. I have been working on the alternating fist rolls since the day you posted. It is funny how the learning curve went for me. It was easier day one than 3 days later. Getting it in with a forward..reverse..stutter.. and alternating fist rolls is where I am at. Now going from a standard forward to reverse my percentage is down and find myself banging hands. You really make it look effortless. Thanks again
                              Thanks Swfl,
                              It's nice to hear my video inspired you to work on something.
                              If you have not seen Gtowns videos you should. He's the one who inspired me to learn alternating fist rolls.
                              I shot that Aerosmith video cold. I had not warmed up or given it any thought. Just feeling my way through. Towards the end I started thinking about what moves I should try to throw in, and lost my concentration.
                              For me it's best to not over think things, and just do what feels right.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...