• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Video recording

Good evening. Can someone tell me how to record video with audio while listening to the music through the headphones? I have to be very conscious of noise in my new location. Blazing the tunes will no longer be an option Thank you.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

This can be tricky if you can't just hit to music.... what camera are you using and what does it have for audio inputs? What video editing software are you using? What are you using to play the music?
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• swfl
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2013

Hello Zaza, Thanks for the reply. Ahhh. I got nothing! Been using an Iphone for the video. Using an ipod and dock to play the music. Any thoughts for inexpensive equipment would be appreciated.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by swfl View Post
        Hello Zaza, Thanks for the reply. Ahhh. I got nothing! Been using an Iphone for the video. Using an ipod and dock to play the music. Any thoughts for inexpensive equipment would be appreciated.
        Well, you need to at least get some sort of basic video editing software... like this: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviezhd

Then, put on your headphones and record yourself hitting to a tune...making sure you know when (in the song) you make your first punch. Then upload it into your editing software, upload the song...sync the two & mix the bag sound with the music....easy!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hi swfl. If you are Mac-based and have a Mac computer, it should have the iMovie preloaded on it. This is the program that I use.

But, you still need a small video camera (I recommend one that can film in HD), an ipod or your phone and earbuds, and a tripod is helpful, but if you have a ladder or something to prop up the camera, that will work also. It can be very tedious to record a punch drumming session this way. When you import the video (which will have the audio and video of you punching) and import the music (from your computer's music library) to the iMovie program, you still have to tweak and re-tweak until you get the music and the punching synced up perfectly. I'll spend up to 3 hours making a punch drumming video. A few of my YT videos are off by a split second, which can mess up everything. Anyway, that's how I make my videos. PS: Patience and having a good ear for syncing are key to making a video in this manner.

How's the sound/vibration level of your new drum and swivel in the apartment? Are you on a top floor unit? Having it on an exterior wall will probably help a lot. Any complaints by neighbors yet? The rhythmic sound of the bag can be music to a Bagger's ears, but unfortunately, it can be an annoyance to non-baggers. If you can keep the vibration and noise of the bag/swivel down so the neighbors don't complain, you've got it made in the shade!
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

The noise level is actually pretty quiet. Video in a day or two. First night at the new house. Almost settled in.

Comment

• cowell903
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Sep 2013

Hi swfl. If you are Mac-based and have a Mac computer, it should have the iMovie preloaded on it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...