• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Spinsmashpop/ Tichy update....

Howdy! Wow... when I am not at the forum regularly and then come back after some time, I feel like I have really been missing out! And I have... there is some serious bagging going on here and also amazing punch drumming! 2 years ago punch drumming was not nearly as much of a thing... now it seems like the overall bagging level has gone up in all ways... that's killer!!
    Anyhow... for those who have no clue who I am ... I am a Psycho Speed Bagger.. just like ALan Kahn, Skunk, Tim Platt and many others!!! Well, I guess most of us on this forum wouldn't be here if we weren't obsessed with the bag toa degreee most would consider highly unnatural and downright odd!!!! But hey... we all 'get' it so that's all that matters!
    I started bagging in Sept., 2008 and never stopped.... ( I just haven't been as much as of late)...
    I am the creator of the Speed Bag Truck which has had Skunk, Tim, Alan Kahn, Metal Dad, Joshua and many others in it when I was on tour as the drummer with the band Foreigner.....
    Ok.... anyhow... I was in my garage doing some "slow baggin" on my 5x8 White Fighting Bag and it hit me to reach out on this awesome forum and give a little update...
    I have been playing in the band Whitesnake the past year and a half.... we just finished a world tour in support of a new record, Forevermore, which I play drums on ....
    Soooo.... I found out last month that I have been nominated in the Modern Drummer 2012 Reader's Polls for Mainstream Rock! I was very surprised.... beyond surprised!!... just to be nominated is amazing in itself...
    Anyhow... if you get a minute and click the link here... you can vote....
    So..if you choose to do so, maybe you can vote for me in Mainstream Rock! haha..

Give It Up for the Drummers Who Rule! Each year there are drummers who deserve recognition for their exceptional work on record, live, and in the educational arena. As a member of the most educated drumming audience on the planet, you’re in the perfect position to share with the world who those special players are.

Also, I have some new sticks coming out on Regal Tip (TISH STIX)... they are great well rounded sticks....
    Blah blah .... ok .. back to the baggin' ... I leave you with the last clip I've filmed which was a year and a half ago .. and I hope to get back on the bag more and get some new clips going with the rest of you!!
    BAG ON!
    Brian Tichy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM.
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Good to see you back Brian!
    Your performances always make me smile!
    Tap my feet too.

Congratulations on the nomination!!! Help us navigate to the voting booth. "Liked" this on YouTube, but not sure that's what you need.

Thanks!

Kevin
    Last edited by PunchDrummer; 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hey, Brian! It's exciting to know that you might be able to make it to SB III this summer. We missed you last year...

So, I poked around on the internet and I think I found the link to vote for you:

Give It Up for the Drummers Who Rule! Each year there are drummers who deserve recognition for their exceptional work on record, live, and in the educational arena. As a member of the most educated drumming audience on the planet, you’re in the perfect position to share with the world who those special players are.

And for those baggers who might not know Brian, I'll post a view links:

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hi guys! Haha! I write all that and completely forget to include the link!!!! Duh! Rule #1 in Self Promo... 'make it easy for people to help'... haha..
        Here's the link..... and .... I edited the original post with it in there now..
        Thanks!
        BAG ON!

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        since i can't seem to click it. what website can i go to so i can vote for you bro...ralph
        Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
        Good to see you back Brian!
        Your performances always make me smile!
        Tap my feet too.
        Congratulations on the nomination!!! Help us navigate to the voting booth. "Liked" this on YouTube, but not sure that's what you need.
        Thanks!
        Kevin
        Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Hey, Brian! It's exciting to know that you might be able to make it to SB III this summer. We missed you last year...
        So, I poked around on the internet and I think I found the link to vote for you:

And for those baggers who might not know Brian, I'll post a view links:

http://nataldrums.com/news/brian-tic...n-drummer-poll

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

yea! seen some sick drum work on your videos. got my vote. hope to see you at speedBAG2012

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

My Man, BT. Voted for ya Brother. Speed Bag Truck was EPIC. Should be an official part of Rock & Roll legend and put in R&R hall of fame.

Right next to your picture.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

I voted last Night Tich!

Can't wait to sea a new punch drumming vid from ya! I showed my son Kyle, aka speedbagKawg, the Juke Box Day job vid and he thought is was cool and my other son Trey (a drummer in his school band) checked it out too. They were pretty amazed, especially with the stick launches and catches!

Glad you'll be at speed bag III! I sure do wish I would have made the 2010 gathering.

Until July....Bag on!
              Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 02-10-2012, 07:29 PM.
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• G-Town
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Drummers paradise

Vote is in! Tichy the way you rock...never played a drum set myself, but seeing you rock the skins, very very impressive. See you at SB3, and we did miss you at SB2.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                  yea! seen some sick drum work on your videos. got my vote. hope to see you at speedBAG2012
                  THANKS Juxt!!!
                  Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  My Man, BT. Voted for ya Brother. Speed Bag Truck was EPIC. Should be an official part of Rock & Roll legend and put in R&R hall of fame.

Right next to your picture.
                  Alan! Thanks! Yes, we had good times in there! I have learned so much from you and the whole speed bag world has been such a cool thing in my life!!

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  you got my vote the other day sir tichy. (rock the bag)...ralph
                  Thanks Ventanakaz!!!!

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  Can't wait to sea a new punch drumming vid from ya! I showed my son Kyle, aka speedbagKawg, the Juke Box Day job vid and he thought is was cool and my other son Trey (a drummer in his school band) checked it out too. They were pretty amazed, especially with the stick launches and catches!

Glad you'll be at speed bag III! I sure do wish I would have made the 2010 gathering.

Until July....Bag on!
                  Thanks Nova!!!

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                  Vote is in! Tichy the way you rock...never played a drum set myself, but seeing you rock the skins, very very impressive. See you at SB3, and we did miss you at SB2.
                  Thanks G! I hope to be there..
                  BAG ON!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...