• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Punch Drumming?

My first real (sort of real) Punch Drumming Video.

This is only part of the song (around half) because my SD Card filled up while making this Video.

Punch Drumming is alot more Fun for me, now that i can hear the Swivel Clicks. Those nice Solid Clicks make a great percussion instrument. The Clicks kind of remind me of Snare Drum Rim Shots. (nice and crisp. SNAP!

Now i can post a Video in this section every Once in a while. (Maybe every Once in a long While)

I fall off the beat a few times in this Vid, but not too badly.

I'm Gonna send this one out to the Punch Drumming Master and Creator. You're the Greatest Alan. Thanks ;-)
    Last edited by ebozyn; 12-06-2011, 06:59 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Outstanding! I didn't really hear you fall off beat much. If you are trying to throw some fancy combo's, here's a tip. Voice out the rebuond sounds or beat pattern of the combo and see what speed you have to voice it to make it work to the song. You might find you need to add or subtract a punch or two to make it work in the music measure, but your voicing will help you find that speed of the combo accents to work where you want to put it.

Very nice swivel I might add.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• bagdaddy
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2010

Very nice! I enjoyed your video very much. I like the song and I like the punch drumming you did on it. Way cool!

Bagdaddy

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

You've made the speed bag yours and have created your own style. Impressive stuff here.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Really nice punch drumming, ebozyn! Yes, the metal ball hook adds a nice click to it. Sounds like you were right on beat! Love your style. You've inspired me... I gotta run out to the wood shed before it gets too late and do some PD-ing! Think I'll go back to my bigger bag, too.

Keep 'em coming!
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

Now you're groovin!

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
            My first real (sort of real) Punch Drumming Video.

This is only part of the song (around half) because my SD Card filled up while making this Video.

Punch Drumming is alot more Fun for me, now that i can hear the Swivel Clicks. Those nice Solid Clicks make a great percussion instrument. The Clicks kind of remind me of Snare Drum Rim Shots. (nice and crisp. SNAP!

Now i can post a Video in this section every Once in a while. (Maybe every Once in a long While)

I fall off the beat a few times in this Vid, but not too badly.

I'm Gonna send this one out to the Punch Drumming Master and Creator. You're the Greatest Alan. Thanks ;-)
            It's on now Ebo! Your speed bagging just took on soul my friend and you won't be able to ignore that! There is a ton of heart involved when we first start speed bagging and then we level up to advanced combo's but when the punch drumming bug infects you it's a whole nutha world! Excellent bag beat. I really like sounds you created on the up beats of the song rhythm! And, you seemed to be right on beat! Nicely done!
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...