X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Town
    replied
    Baggin!

Novas- Way to go... You took some nice moves from SBII. Work on with your bad self. You make 'Speedy T' smile. Bags up!

Leave a comment:

• novaspeedbagger
    replied
    How's that for now Zaz Ha Ha!!!

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    WOW...just WOW! Effortless & smooth...and looks like a lot of fun.
    (now if we can just get you to crack a smile every now & again!)

Thanks Zaz! Beleive it or not, I am a pretty happy go lucky fella! It's just that even though I am having a lot of fun It's not as effortless as it might appear. It does take a great deal of focus for me to hit the bag accurately enough to maintain the Rhythm of a song, especially with the 4 way elbow thing I'm attempting now. This was not a first take at all and i still had a number of miss hits in there, but I'll try and crack a smile in the future! Skunk gave me the business about that awhile back LOL! I just put the camera up and hit to a song over and over (even switch to different songs) messing with the elbow combo's and what not. Over the course of the session I had several vids. Later, i just reviewed them and picked out the one I liked best. This was the only one really worth posting out of about 30 vids over a few days of punch drumming sessions. I love the work out I get from doing that and it helps me forget about the camera. Thanks for watching!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Sweet.
    Thanks paranday!

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    seen your video over on youtube thanks for uploading it as i can't watch any here on speedbagforum, loved it...ralph
    Thanks for watching ralph, and posting a comment on youtube!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Hah, thanks for posting here because I never visit people's Youtube channels, but if you must, every video posted at the forum is linked directly to Youtube, just click on the lower right hand corner of the video.
    You're welcome parandy! I'm just following the embedding a video instructions. The forum is my speed bag home for sure! once I found this forum the speed bag experience was elevated incredibly thanks to all the support and positive feed back from you baggers

I always wondered whether the vids embedded on the forum give credit to it being watched on youtube as well????? Not that important, but just curious!

The posting of vids on this forum definitely does something to motivate and inspire me to strive upward in the art of speed bagging/punch drumming. I had no idea what punch drumming was until I started searching the forum. Getting to watch the fundamental skills as well as the advanced combinations of the forum baggers is definitely a privilege that Tim provided with this forum!!! What and priceless resource. Alan giving us so much input to compliment the things that are difficult to grasp in his book, is also something that is a great privilege on this forum!

Keep on baggin and posting!!!

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    WOW...just WOW! Effortless & smooth...and looks like a lot of fun.
    (now if we can just get you to crack a smile every now & again!)

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Hah, thanks for posting here because I never visit people's Youtube channels, but if you must, every video posted at the forum is linked directly to Youtube, just click on the lower right hand corner of the video.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Sweet.

Leave a comment:

• novaspeedbagger
    started a topic 4 way elbows to music

4 way elbows to music

After Speed Bag II, watching TommyT and Skunk Throw the 4 way elbows and then SpeedBagAtaraxis' Jesse cook vid with the 4 way elbows to music, I figured it's possible to hit that combo to music as part of the main bag beat in a song. It's hard to use it all the time but I am trying to use it more and more with control. However, it's very challenging as you might notice I do have some miss hits in the vid. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the vid!

Oh, BTW I think we all know that all the Bible Style punching is inspired by Alan Khan. Much thanks for explaining syncopation, 5-1, 3-3 and the 4 rebound punch to me at Speed Bag II. Now I am beginning to understand the term "speed bag grooves" 1st hand and I am really enjoying this challenge.

Next challenge is to try and master that deano style punching as good as Juxt does it! Not sure if it'll ever happen!

Keep on Baggin! and try some punch drumming

Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 08-22-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: posted before I finished writing the into add a credit
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...