Nice work Alan!!!

You're looking well.

Is that a fresh buzz cut?

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Being the 1st time, it wasn't exactly easy punching in a dinner jacket, which I must remember next time I go to a board meeting.

I have been trying to make something out of this song for a little while, but wondered what sort of response I'd get.

The artist is a name I've grown up with, whilst never being a major fan I've always had an admiration and the song always has been and always will be a classic. So what better time to punch this song up.

I do know the hihat. I stuffed the timing up from the outset on the intro and openned up on my featured lik 1 beat to early and was unable to recover. Maybe next time.

The bag is a Grant 9x6
    I couldn't get the "video response" option on youtube to work, so here ya go....
    Hope ya like it....

This is a custom made 8x5 Ringside Bag, older teardrop shape.

Leave a comment:

• jagganath
    replied
    Whoa... I thought you were the King of Pop.

I didn't think I'll also be able to learn some moves here.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    You need a glove man !

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    Nice job, Roc. All you we're missing is a white glove and some spinning elbow moves.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Spinsmashpop is right, sometimes you're a bit fast, sometimes a bit slow. some combo's really fit the beat really well. This is the pure fun of the speed bag, just grooving to music. You may be on or off beat a little but so what? You're feeling the beat and having fun being creative, trying to manipulate bag and beat in time. It's a lot of fun and you do a great job, Roc.

Considering MJ, I love his music and talent, and a lot of his music is great for punching drumming. I have punched many times to all those that are danceable. Some tunes are really great punchdrumming themes, such as "Don't stop 'til you get enough" and the most legendary for speed baggin' - "Beat it". (one of my personal punching favorites...)

Thriller: 8:29 - 9:33. Then on to 13:33 (Ghoul dance. Great base beat and theme to punch on with. The clapping on 2 & 4 and foot steps of the dancers also help mix with the bag)

Black & white A great syncopated beat for punching and one of my favorite music videos.

there's a lot of other great songs to punch and dance with. Like many of the Rich and famous, he leaves a tarnished legacy, but his music and talent were par excellance, and should stand the test of time.

Punch on ROC

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Being the 1st time, it wasn't exactly easy punching in a dinner jacket, which I must remember next time I go to a board meeting.

I have been trying to make something out of this song for a little while, but wondered what sort of response I'd get.

The artist is a name I've grown up with, whilst never being a major fan I've always had an admiration and the song always has been and always will be a classic. So what better time to punch this song up.

I do know the hihat. I stuffed the timing up from the outset on the intro and openned up on my featured lik 1 beat to early and was unable to recover. Maybe next time.

The bag is a Grant 9x6
    Last edited by Roc Stone; 06-26-2009, 06:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• spinsmashpop
    replied
    Alright Roc! Great stuff! Nearly 5 minutes of some poppin', groovin' baggin'! What kind of bag is that? Man, you are so close to being in time with the song.
    It is not a matter of speed. Sometimes you are faster than the song, and sometimes slower. If you could make the rebounds sound double the speed of the hihat, you'd be right in time.
    (The hihat sound is the high pitched "chippy" sound which is double the speed of the bass drum and snare that propel the beat of the song.) If your bag sound double the speed of the hihat, and stays there, you are punching 16th notes. Try a fast fist roll while punching at that speed to hear how it sounds and then break off into other punches yet keep the rebound rate exactly the same.
    BAG ON!

Leave a comment:

• ninja420
    replied
    The heck with MJ LONG LIVE ROC STONE!!!!!! great video!

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    started a topic Billy jean r.i.p

Billy jean r.i.p

Its rough, its raw, the timing is all over the place and you can forget about any sequence, and it may or may not be your cup of tea but after 3 attempts I made this choice

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...