X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roc Stone
    replied
    Hey
    Thanx for the post D. Wow 2000+ views, hey thats not bad, and thanx to everyone who viewed it.

I'm glad I could assist with your punch drumming Deville, I've enjoyed watching you progress(in style).

I'd love to put more vids up but I'm just not happy with the way my lil ol phone is camin at the moment, it must be due for an upgrade

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    Its rough, its raw, the timing is all over the place and you can forget about any sequence, and it may or may not be your cup of tea but after 3 attempts I made this choice…

…Being the 1st time, it wasn't exactly easy punching in a dinner jacket, which I must remember next time I go to a board meeting.

I have been trying to make something out of this song for a little while, but wondered what sort of response I'd get.

The artist is a name I've grown up with, whilst never being a major fan I've always had an admiration and the song always has been and always will be a classic. So what better time to punch this song up.

I do know the hihat. I stuffed the timing up from the outset on the intro and openned up on my featured lik 1 beat to early and was unable to recover. Maybe next time.

The bag is a Grant 9x6

Roc, I think my comment will mark the 2,000th Viewing of this posting. Very cool, huh?!

At the time of your original posting, I hadn't joined the forum yet. But, you have been instrumental in my interest – and continuing progress – in the art of punch drumming. I thank you for this, Roc.

"Rough and raw…timing all over the place…" It's all good. And, this song is definitely my "cup of tea."

I would like to request a new posting from you sometime in the near future, eh, mate?

And, as Alan stated in his remarks:

Punch on ROC.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    hmmm...thats an interesting bag, it almost looks like a 9x6 in the picture....maybe I can find one on e-bay or something, I've gotta try this thing out
    It looks like an everlast gyro 9x6 model 4200, but it is not that big. It is really an 8x5 bag. It's got a slighter fatter belly than most, and a lower bag belly, which I like.

..maybe I can find one on e-bay or something, I've gotta try this thing out
    You won't find this model for sale, because they only made four of them that I know.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    hmmm...thats an interesting bag, it almost looks like a 9x6 in the picture....maybe I can find one on e-bay or something, I've gotta try this thing out

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    where would you get a custom made bag?
    Ringside made a few for me about 5 or 6 years ago, right after they changed to the longer "mexican" style bag. I think they just used a pattern they already had from the past. It's shaped a lot like the yellow title 8x5, except it's a bit narrower on the top half above the belly.

I took one to Detroit and let SSP use it, and he said it was definitely "different" than any he had been hitting. I guess it's what you get use to. It's the black bag in this post, Pictures number 1 & 4.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 08-15-2009, 01:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

This is a custom made 8x5 Ringside Bag, older teardrop shape.
    where would you get a custom made bag?

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Hey guy's

Alan, I actually thought that your fringe/forehead cow lick was the result of the speed bag breeze, a speed bag blow wave, so to speak.

Sorry!!!
    a "speed bag blow wave"? HA! now that's an original speed bag phrase I never thought of!

and yea, we baggers can get one occassionally on serious reverse punching.

Maybe we could start a new hair style, and all the kids will want their hair cut in a "speed bag blow wave".

I like it!

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    Hey guy's

Alan, I actually thought that your fringe/forehead cow lick was the result of the speed bag breeze, a speed bag blow wave, so to speak.

Sorry!!!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    I will try to remember to get on it! I haven't had much time off the road as I have taken a trip back home to Nj with the kids and all that. But I have 4 days before the start of the to get it together.... we'll see....should I wear one glove????haha.....

I don't think the one sequin glove shtick is your thing. Maybe one Welder Glove - now that would be original.

I hope NJ was fun and you guys had a great time together.

Leave a comment:

• spinsmashpop
    replied
    OK, Bag on it! Billie Jean is pretty slow, allowing for a lot of straight time and syncopated punching riffs. Easy to make the double time jump. I'm betting you can nail it, BT. Love to see some others punch it up, and props to ROC for the dress up, which was pretty cool.
    I will try to remember to get on it! I haven't had much time off the road as I have taken a trip back home to Nj with the kids and all that. But I have 4 days before the start of the to get it together.... we'll see....should I wear one glove????haha.....

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Great job AK and Roc! AK, another awesomely inspiring display of punch drumming!!!! I think I may have a go at Billie Jean. Although I wasn't a huge fan, I did dig a bunch of his tunes and you can't deny him as a performer and singer. So with 2 punch clips up of Billie Jean, we should start a "Billie Jean punch drum thread"....
    Why not, it would be cool to see a bunch of us and our different techniques punching to Billie Jean!
    Cmon!
    BAG ON!!
    OK, Bag on it! Billie Jean is pretty slow, allowing for a lot of straight time and syncopated punching riffs. Easy to make the double time jump. I'm betting you can nail it, BT. Love to see some others punch it up, and props to ROC for the dress up, which was pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• spinsmashpop
    replied
    Great job AK and Roc! AK, another awesomely inspiring display of punch drumming!!!! I think I may have a go at Billie Jean. Although I wasn't a huge fan, I did dig a bunch of his tunes and you can't deny him as a performer and singer. So with 2 punch clips up of Billie Jean, we should start a "Billie Jean punch drum thread"....
    Why not, it would be cool to see a bunch of us and our different techniques punching to Billie Jean!
    Cmon!
    BAG ON!!
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 07-22-2009, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• axeline
    replied
    hey there...

Seeing the funeral of MJ...

I feel nothing but a little bit..sad.of course..
    He's our King of Pop..
    and no matter how many intrigues..
    still he is..

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    This is a custom made 8x5 Ringside Bag, older teardrop shape.
    Amazing stuff, as usual. Thanks for posting that!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Nice work Alan!!!

You're looking well.

Is that a fresh buzz cut?
    Oh yea. My "regular" barber just retired and I'm looking for a new one.
    my hair is tuff to cut. Six cow licks and the sides grow straight out. My old stylist said I had "japanese hair" because it grows straight out and doesn't taper. I may have to start hitting in a hat....

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...