Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late '60's Voit Vinyl bag and reboung ring

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Late '60's Voit Vinyl bag and reboung ring

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Spee...sAAOSwrhBZA6VZ

  • #2
    Curious about one thing with the bag. The air valve is at the top, right? Where do you get a bladder for this particular bag? Or can you?

    Comment


    • #3
      That was one of the things with the vinyl bags. The bag was formed around the bladder. Kind of like a tubeless tire, although I never heard of anyone trying to patch one of these. They weren't on the market for that long, maybe a couple of years.

      The table top bag with the so called suction cup base that Everlast sells is pretty much the same thing. Everlast sold an all plastic bag for a little while, it was part of their striking bag kits instead of using the 4215 & 4216 leather bags. These didn't have an internal bladder, it was essentially a really thick vinyl balloon.

      Comment


      • #4
        Seems to me it would be an easier job of replacing the bladder with the air valve at the top

        Comment


        • #5
          There was a period of time when that was done. A number of makers had the valve in the "neck" from the mid 1930's up through WWII. I can see a problem with those, if the inflation needle is a little too long it would have been possible to puncture the bladder.

          Comment


          • #6
            Speaking of inflation needles,I am pleased that the inflation needle has not changed much since I was a kid. A very stable tool that has endured. However, I did come across these, which are new to me.....

            http://vevosports.com/spikes/

            PS...No mention of Speed Bags in their advert (The Yahoos)
            Last edited by REB; 04-30-2017, 09:30 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by REB View Post
              Speaking of inflation needles,I am pleased that the inflation needle has not changed much since I was a kid. A very stable tool that has endured. However, I did come across these, which are new to me.....

              http://vevosports.com/spikes/

              PS...No mention of Speed Bags in their advert (The Yahoos)
              ...Great find, I always after time seem to bend my needles at the base, Thanks for letting us know, I booked marked your find and will order a few needles. Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                ...Great find, I always after time seem to bend my needles at the base, Thanks for letting us know, I booked marked your find and will order a few needles. Thanks
                Glad it helped out. I just got in a pack of 5 metal ones so I will wait a bit to try the Vevo's

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by REB View Post
                  Glad it helped out. I just got in a pack of 5 metal ones so I will wait a bit to try the Vevo's
                  ...I just ordered one of the Vevo pump and needle combos, I let you know what I think when it comes in

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                    ...I just ordered one of the Vevo pump and needle combos, I let you know what I think when it comes in
                    Now that's a deal

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X