Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josephoffshore
    replied
    Here is other good thoughts about amazon, we can get idea to read this one. Let’s Learn About Amazon Image Requirements -2019

Leave a comment:

• G-Town
    replied
    Show Person'

I would of loved to see her smack that leather into cracks awesome bagger (Hands and feet) #ArtOfTheBag

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    I did track down her remaining family and they didn't want to comment or interview for the film (Art of the Bag).
    It's quite possible that they considered her a "show person", like a vaudvillian or a carnival show performer. Both were looked down upon during that era.

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Town View Post
    Gets my vote! That young Lady can flat out bag! Nice find ZaZa known to me as Za' Oct 16 if you can make it your presence would be awesome!
    #ArtOfTheBag
    Would love to...but prior commitments.

Leave a comment:

• G-Town
    replied
    Young Lady!

Gets my vote! That young Lady can flat out bag! Nice find ZaZa known to me as Za' Oct 16 if you can make it your presence would be awesome!
    #ArtOfTheBag

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Her father had been a boxer, which explains her proficiency on the bag, but the set up is indeed interesting. I've read newspaper clippings documenting her exhibitions, so she did a fair amount of traveling. Perhaps this is what her father built or had built?
    I did track down her remaining family and they didn't want to comment or interview for the film (Art of the Bag).

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    If you need more pics let me know. The Kno-Knot in the name refers to the steel ball that has a set screw to tighten against the rope -- you attach the rope without a knot. This is not a high precision ball but it doesn't matter -- the rope is where the swiveling takes place for the most part.

Someone could make this type swivel again today very easily. This swivel would be ideal for big bags on your big Spalding platform. Or as a floor mount. If I ever find another one of these swivels, I'll shoot you a PM Joe. You need one.
    That is so cool... please let me know if you ever see another one! I'm half tempted to try to make them again....?????

...and thanks for the pictures!

Leave a comment:

• angelaluis
    replied
    Expose Your Subject Properly with Image Masking

A famous American Photographer Sam Abell says- “ Photography, alone of the arts, seems perfected to serve the desire humans have for a moment-this very moment- to stay.” For Glamour photography you need to express your model in an attractive level Masking is one of…
    photo retouching services
    clipping path services
    image masking services

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Her father had been a boxer, which explains her proficiency on the bag, but the set up is indeed interesting. I've read newspaper clippings documenting her exhibitions, so she did a fair amount of traveling. Perhaps this is what her father built or had built?

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    This must have been a traveling set up she took to do demonstrations. Which begs the question....where did she learn to do what she did, or who did she train with?

Maybe she read those cool old booklets we've tracked down. Or she snuck down to Australia.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Sweet
    What's amazing to me is the set up itself, the overhead board, the metal framing and track board for the feet, complete with a floor swivel and high heel (?) board. (guess woman didn't wear tennis shoes back then....)

This must have been a traveling set up she took to do demonstrations. Which begs the question....where did she learn to do what she did, or who did she train with?

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Sweet

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied

Dave Elman, CBS Radios host of Hobby Lobby and Doris De Green, bag punching champion. Doris, an 18 year-old is from Wood-Ridge, NJ.

New York, NY. Image dated December 9, 1939.

Great Pictures.

Now a bit about the man who cared enough to bring it...Dave Elman

the more you know....
    Last edited by Speedbag; 10-09-2016, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Post a picture please... I have never seen one of these...or found one on eBay. A few different views & close-up!
    If you need more pics let me know. The Kno-Knot in the name refers to the steel ball that has a set screw to tighten against the rope -- you attach the rope without a knot. This is not a high precision ball but it doesn't matter -- the rope is where the swiveling takes place for the most part.

Someone could make this type swivel again today very easily. This swivel would be ideal for big bags on your big Spalding platform. Or as a floor mount. If I ever find another one of these swivels, I'll shoot you a PM Joe. You need one.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Post a picture please... I have never seen one of these...or found one on eBay. A few different views & close-up!
    Here it is,
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...