X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Speedy T finally gets his swivel patent

I wanted to put this post in the History section because this is a big part of my history and hopefully one day in the history of swivels??, yup a speed bag swivel.
    After 4 years of waiting and paying and communicating and stressing, I, last year, obtained my patent. Actually December 2, 2014, and roughly 4 years of uncertainty.
    This accomplishment came at a time of loss and grief and probably helped me through mostly because of the dates and some of the deadlines that were significant to the success of the patent were also important to what was happening around me.
    I understand when some of these entrepreneurs talk about working out of basements and starving because they put all of their energy and resources into a dream or a passion. Its what it takes to be successful, the determination, relentlessly pursuing your passion or idea until it becomes a reality, and the last part is being able to share and pass on the knowledge and to become rich!!, na jk. It has been a great journey and experience in entrepreneurism and speed bagging and I will continue in my quest to see this swivel to manufacturing and to continue my exploits and experiments of speed bag equipment. Thank you all and special thanks to the core and My mentor master Kahn
    Yeah I can do all this stuff and all these skills and I can't post pictures of my patent. Maybe a video is in order?....
    US Patent No. 8,900,103, B1
    Psycho Swivel turns five and is alive!!!
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

CONGRATS Speedy Tommy T!

An exercise mechanism that includes a speed ball-type punching bag that is mounted onto a support via a D-shackle that is attached to a loop on the support. The support also has a ball end which is connected to a ceiling mount, with the ball end being supported by a number of ball bearings within the mount and also by the use of a retention washer within the mount. In use, the punching bag provides very liberal movement in all directions while in use due to the presence of the ball end in combination with the ball bearings and the retention washer.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Great news! My browser isn't showing the drawings, attached is a pdf of the full patent.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
        I wanted to put this post in the History section because this is a big part of my history and hopefully one day in the history of swivels??, yup a speed bag swivel.
        After 4 years of waiting and paying and communicating and stressing, I, last year, obtained my patent. Actually December 2, 2014, and roughly 4 years of uncertainty.
        This accomplishment came at a time of loss and grief and probably helped me through mostly because of the dates and some of the deadlines that were significant to the success of the patent were also important to what was happening around me.
        I understand when some of these entrepreneurs talk about working out of basements and starving because they put all of their energy and resources into a dream or a passion. Its what it takes to be successful, the determination, relentlessly pursuing your passion or idea until it becomes a reality, and the last part is being able to share and pass on the knowledge and to become rich!!, na jk. It has been a great journey and experience in entrepreneurism and speed bagging and I will continue in my quest to see this swivel to manufacturing and to continue my exploits and experiments of speed bag equipment. Thank you all and special thanks to the core and My mentor master Kahn
        Yeah I can do all this stuff and all these skills and I can't post pictures of my patent. Maybe a video is in order?....
        US Patent No. 8,900,103, B1
        Psycho Swivel turns five and is alive!!!
        SO happy and proud for you Tommy! Many of us that have been there with you through the life and swivel trials have always kept you in our hearts. I often wonder how my bag brother is doing, and you were sadly missed, but NOT forgotten during the last gathering. We all know who the biggest, most powerful bagger under the board is..... And now you have your very own swivel! great!

For the newbies among us, Relax and enjoy the one, the only Speedy Tommy T, our gentle giant

TommyT goes vert!

TommyT goes treadmilling

Cowbell baggin!

25,000 punch down. (*yes, that's 25 thousand )

Greatest opening line of ANY movie...

You just can't this up. There is nobody like him.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Thanks Brothers!

See that is too much work and words for myself and I don't know how much correspondence and resources and..... Etc. it takes but it's a lot!! I am very proud even if this never transforms into what I want. I own this mind and this is its work and my bag skills prove I bag with best of all....friends and some of the best equipment. Thanks again, Got the ball bouncin

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
            See that is too much work and words for myself and I don't know how much correspondence and resources and..... Etc. it takes but it's a lot!! I am very proud even if this never transforms into what I want. I own this mind and this is its work and my bag skills prove I bag with best of all....friends and some of the best equipment. Thanks again, Got the ball bouncin
            That is exactly how I felt when I first published The Speed Bag Bible book, (1995) then the video's (1996). That ISBN assignment and library of congress number says it is mine.

That patent number says it is yours. When you love it, Live it! ....And you do.
            Hope to punch of few up at the next gathering.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

You're in good company with a very small number of inventors that came up with swivel designs and got them patented. You are our present day Mr Nichols.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                You're in good company with a very small number of inventors that came up with swivel designs and got them patented. You are our present day Mr Nichols.
                So, to be clear, you are saying his design IS worth a plug Nichol?

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Ohhhh yea there she is my, metal looking sticker of a gold medal! Bump but now it’s a dribble., thank you all

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...