True Made in the USA, Everlast New York Swivels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Made in the USA, Everlast New York Swivels

Been hunting these down, There're alot heavier than the generations that came after.
    Attached Files

Those are cool. Are they the ones advertised as no jump? I think I got outbid on one a year or so ago. Are they cast iron?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Those are cool. Are they the ones advertised as no jump? I think I got outbid on one a year or so ago. Are they cast iron?
      No, Everlast never had or advised a no-jump swivel, That was Whitely swivels, They had a full ball and according to the Dutchman it also came with a round felt pad that went on the top of the cup where the ball sits, So the full ball in conjunction with the pad on top kept the ball from jumping up and down in the cup housing, I had some of them Whitely swivels and none had the pad but they were also used swivels, BTW i didn't like the Whitely swivels and got rid of the ones I had, I just prefer the Everlast over the Whitely swivels, BTW that Everlast swivel you have and one of the ones I have with the full steel ball is definitely one of the older ones, Probably first gen of those types of swivels, Every everlast that I owned always had the steel ball that was cut on both sides, I never saw a full steel ball, So your swivel and mine are Old, as for the bottom portion of the New York swivels I have, I think they are cast iron just from me taking a closer look, if you zoom in on my picture and look at the top left swivel, it's like yours with the full steel ball, that one is the oldest outta the four, You and I got lucky finding those swivels, I didn't know or see that mine was a full ball until it came in the mail, BTW the reason Everlast's non full steel ball, Was to bring the bag up higher to the swivel for a smaller arc

Comment

That's interesting. I didn't know either till it showed up. It came with a really old 4214 that is one of my favorite bags. IIt's a shame the bag isn't holding up very well but I'm gonna ride it till the wheels fall off. Mine doesn't have the blue coating. The coating was probably for preventing rust. So which do you prefer the full or cut down? I'd be curious to know what all you guys prefer. ((Take notes Sambista, I will)
        oo Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0758.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	126941Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0761.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	126942 .

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...
        X