• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Selectable Speed Bag Support Apparatus

check this out....

A selectable support apparatus for a speed bag includes a rigid planar element having first and second end portions with a longitudinal axis therebetween, the rigid planar element a

A selectable support apparatus for a speed bag includes a rigid planar element having first and second end portions with a longitudinal axis therebetween, the rigid planar element also includes a first and second margins with a transverse axis therebetween. The rigid planar element having a rebound surface for the speed bag and an opposing work surface with a centerline axis therebetween. The rigid planar element also includes an elongated aperture that is disposed therethrough the rigid planar element wherein the elongated aperture is positioned parallel to and along the longitudinal axis. The elongated aperture extends for a portion of the rigid planar element as between the first and second end portions. Also, the elongated aperture extends from the rebound surface to the work surface along the centerline axis. In addition, the work surface includes a mechanism for suspending and moving the speed bag therethrough and along the elongated aperture.

Don't forget to open the .pdf to see lots of pictures of this..
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

And now we know why government cost us so much.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

What? that's just strange....
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

I was going to ask just "why'?

Comment

• Ginger
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2021

Seems like too many variables of complexity to catch on. Speed bag as is with a ball hook swivel has the perfect balance of simplicity and complexity that created recipe for a die hard community.
          Last edited by Ginger; 10-03-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            I was going to ask just "why'?
            Believe it or not I have a few "speed bag ideas" and inventions sent to me from "enthusiasts" trying to build a better mousetrap. Some pretty ingenious but ....No. Nobody will use that. I spent a year or so (back in the late '90's) with a guy working on his "revolutionary" creation of a SPEED RING. A circular tube ring you attach to the underside of the board so the section of a larger bag (11x8 or 10x7) would "compress" on the ring, and allow the belly of the bag to just touch the board. The added compression of the bag on "the ring" would increase compression and shoot the bag off faster... Making the larger bag go as fast as a smaller 9x6.... AND the Speed Ring had 3 adjustable height setting. The lower the ring, the fast the bag due to decreased distance rebound arc.

The guy sent me several models to try, and I'd use it, video tape it and send him the video tape. I made a "timed test" and did find that with his speed ring an 11x8 would indeed go as fast (measure rebounds for 1 minute with a clock) as a 9x6... So - it worked. But why? Why would someone drill holes in their board to hang the speed ring (created for large bags) so that bag will go as fast as a 9x6 or 8x5? Isn't it easier to just use a 9x6 bag and not tie up your board with a ring, which did not work too well with a 9x6 or 8x5 because the ring connected more toward the bottom of the bag. Anyway he was sure that this would revolutionize speed bag training and take the boxing world by storm. Well, it didn't. I did float the idea to Ringside and Title at the time, but it was a short conversation. I've similar approaches for various setups, such as Door Frames, Circular Poles (like backyard basketball poles) and basement columns. Apparently people think if I present it to a boxing company they will consider it. Not true. I have found most boxing companies are satisfied with speed bag equipment pretty much as it is and are not interested in running up costs to make it "better". But the internet will let you pretty much sell anything if you can produce it.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Pete
              • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
              Speed bag as is with a ball hook swivel has the perfect balance of simplicity and complexity that created recipe for a die hard community.
              well put

So the bag moves around the ring in a "dynamic" pattern on a drive belt. Crazy. Looks like a lot of thought and time went into this. Standing still is not intended if I am tracking this right.

Alan, have you thought about a gofundme? Who needs the big companies. You have a legion of people who would be willing to help carry the load. Maybe I'm being naive
              Last edited by Pete; 10-07-2021, 12:44 AM. Reason: I should be asleep right now

Comment

• Ginger
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Oct 2021

I would think mass producing would be out of the question. The speed bagging community is decent. But then the ball and hook community is so small it couldn't sustain mass produced products and almost all large companies stopped making them. The people that would want these products would be a subset even smaller from the ball and hooks bible style community. Best bet would be a go fund me that would aim towards making single custom units for those interested. From a economic and business perspective this is how it would have to start out to not die off before it gets started. If from here people post videos and get good at it, the demand will go up and mass production could be considered and signing the patents on with a larger exclusive producer.

Originally posted by Pete View Post

well put

So the bag moves around the ring in a "dynamic" pattern on a drive belt. Crazy. Looks like a lot of thought and time went into this. Standing still is not intended if I am tracking this right.

Alan, have you thought about a gofundme? Who needs the big companies. You have a legion of people who would be willing to help carry the load. Maybe I'm being naive

Comment

• Pete
                  • Nov 2020

Yeah, I was thinking more of a custom builds kind of thing Jumping into mass production out of the gates would need some big wigs

Comment

• Ginger
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Oct 2021

Although I could see Alan Killing it on Dragons Den or Shark Tank! lol

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Yeah, I was thinking more of a custom builds kind of thing Jumping into mass production out of the gates would need some big wigs

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...