Vintage Sears 1412 Striking bag Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Sears 1412 Striking bag Modification

Second Modification to one of my Vintage Striking Bags, Took 1,1/2 inches off the length of the neck, Now it's approximately an 8x10
    Attached Files

So how's it hit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      So how's it hit?
      It feels better just because there is a smaller arc to the bag, but to be honest and give a more truer review, I have two of these bags and I'm waiting for some bladders, I also ordered the new advanced bladders besides the regular latex bladders and I'll be comparing the regular title latex bladders to the advanced title latex bladders too.

Comment

I have some large bags that are going to need new bladders soon. Let us know how the new style works. The two 4205's that have the plastic bladders in them that don't hold air worth a hoot any more

Comment

This is awesome news ventanakaz. Do you have any interest in making a bag from scratch? There's no doubt in my mind that you could make a stellar bag. Also, I bought some of those advanced bladders and so far so good. I put a large in the 4205 I picked up recently and it doesn't quite fill it out. I'm a little hesitant to push it because the leather and stitching needs more treatment. There is about an inch and a half gap in the top of the bag where the bladder hasn't reached. The bag has absorbed an insane amount of mink oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            This is awesome news ventanakaz. Do you have any interest in making a bag from scratch? There's no doubt in my mind that you could make a stellar bag. Also, I bought some of those advanced bladders and so far so good. I put a large in the 4205 I picked up recently and it doesn't quite fill it out. I'm a little hesitant to push it because the leather and stitching needs more treatment. There is about an inch and a half gap in the top of the bag where the bladder hasn't reached. The bag has absorbed an insane amount of mink oil.
            LOL, I Don't have the leather craftsmanship to make a Speed bag, What I do to my bags anyone can do, That extra layer of leather on the top of the 4205s helps the top of the bag from flexing when the bladder doesn't fill in that top area, but my guess is that the older ones like the one you just got is maybe longer ?, I have always used either the everlast bladder or the enkay bladder in the red 4205s and in the black one I have now.

Comment

A comparison look between the stock Sears 1412 and the one where I cut a portion of the neck off.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                So how's it hit?
                The Bag hits Great now and I love the feel of both Vintage bags I cut part of the necks off, The MacGregor Kangaroo bag feels like it has more mass when hit, compared to the Sears 1412 which surprised me, I was thinking the Kangaroo bag would have a lighter feel to it But just the opposite happened, The Sears bag has a lighter feel. Both bags feel great, Not to heavy and not to light, Great enough to get a good fast solid session going without having that feeling like you have to kill the bag Compared to the big bags, These have a Great happy Medium and you can get them to move fast, They are fun to hit.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...
                X