Vintage, Wilson 368V Speed Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage, Wilson 368V Speed Bag

This Vintage bag was already fast for a Vintage bag because of the thin lightweight Leather, But the loop was on the long side, So I finally decided to shortened up the loop just to see how much faster I can get the bag to move.
    Attached Files

Sweet

Comment

Finally got a couple of minutes on this bag. Shortening the loop has made a big difference, Like night and day, it's not as light or as fast as the Revelation bag but this bag has just moved up in the ranks, Surpassing my H1280 bag, The one thing about these bags with the longer necks is trying to get a bladder to work in them, Especially getting the bladder to fill up the neck area, You have to kinda over fill it to get the bladder to stretch into the neck.

Comment

That is a problem with the modern bladders at least the ones that we are able to obtain. I have a A. J. Reach bag that the original bladder was of the inside under the laces type. It is more round than pure pear shaped. I didn't want to put a hole in the bottom, as it is in near new condition, so I use a Title quik tec butyl bladder. Fills it up to the base of the laces. Just have to unlace it to fill it. Not the perfect solution, the bag looks good this way and can be hit.

Comment

Do you have a picture of this bag, I remember having a really big bag, (I think it was the biggest bag I ever owned) I can't remember what brand but I sold it to one of the members here, Now I wish I would've kept it, The only reason why I sold it was because I didn't think I would be able to get a bladder to fit into such a big bag, I really regret selling it and wish I could remember the brand.

Comment

There is a photo of the Reach bag on this board in the History sections, I'll see if I can pull it back up

Comment

https://speedbagforum.com/forums/for...heatrical-bags

I
              t's about half way down the page....
              Last edited by Dutchman; 04-09-2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Note that the bags hanging to the left are an Everlast 4213, and a 4210 for size comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Note that the bags hanging to the left are an Everlast 4213, and a 4210 for size comparison
                  Thanks for the picture, I had a Reach bag sitting in a box for a time, I Finally pulled it down last month and put a bladder in it, It was also a two tone color, but the bag ripped apart as I filled it with air, So I never got the chance to feel what it was like to bag on a Reach Speed Bag, Oh well I still have plenty of Vintage bags to enjoy

Comment

I was very lucky with the one I got, it apparently had been stored in ideal conditions as far as the leather and stitching was concerned, it was just missing the bladder, which probably wouldn't have been any good anyway.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...
                    X