Sears 22, 1416 Speed Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears 22, 1416 Speed Bag

Wondering if any of you Historians know about what time period this bag was made, I was thinking maybe sometime around the 40's Buy i don't really know, Just taking a guessing at it by the way the seams are stitched, I wish there was a site to go to find the age of all my Vintage bags.
    Attached Files

This would be post 1962 after Sears dropped the J.C. Higgins name from their sporting goods line and replaced with Ted Williams

Comment

I'm not 100% sure about it, but the stitching on the Sears (and the J C Higgins) bags reminds me of Hutch bags. Hutchinson Leather was known to supply products sold under house brands

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        I'm not 100% sure about it, but the stitching on the Sears (and the J C Higgins) bags reminds me of Hutch bags. Hutchinson Leather was known to supply products sold under house brands
        Yes, I have bags with that similar stitching, I did have a Hutch bag but i don't remember what happened to it.

Comment

This would be post 1962 after Sears dropped the J.C. Higgins name from their sporting goods line and replaced with Ted Williams
          Ahh 1962 The year i was born. My J.C. Higgins 1450 is definitely pre 1962, I just received another Sears 1412, The 1412 Hits way better than the 1416, it's like night and day in fact the 1416 seems to be Vinyl, Although I had other vinyl bags I got off ebay and just tossed away, The 1416 is of a higher quality than the others, Just like everything that is Vintage, The quality and workmanship is more of Pride in your job that you do, Not a Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am mentality.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

Yes, I have bags with that similar stitching, I did have a Hutch bag but i don't remember what happened to it.
            I believe that you sold it to me......

Comment

I believe that you sold it to me......
              Wow, I wondered who I sold that to. I actually forgot who, Can you tell me if that bag was bigger or smaller than the everlast 4205 ?

Comment

Smaller than the 4205, slightly larger than a 4213

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...
                X