Gold Smith 82V, Speed Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Smith 82V, Speed Bag

In Surprisingly Great shape, I'll call this bag (The Tank) Doesn't look like it's been hit on to much, Probably because it takes some muscle to keep it going. Dutchman, parandy or anybody know the age of this bag. Truly a Gold Mine of a find, I don't think you'll find another bag of this kind in this Great condition. I got lucky.
    Attached Files

Believe it or not, The Original bladder is holding air

Comment

Valve in the neck, I would say late 1930's early 1940's

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Thanks Dutchman, Well it says Cow Hide, and this thing is like punching a Western Saddle, I thought my Spalding and J.C Higgins bags were bad, But this one takes the cake , I'm trying to beat it into submission

Comment

I sent you a message

Comment

This bag hits so terrible, I'm thinking about changing out the bladder, But I'm Conflicted !?!?

Comment

I pulled the bladder out of the GoldSmith bag, The bladder has a Stamped year of June 1945.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, for some reason the "U S" stamp didn't register. This was a Special Services bag. Looks like it was either little used, or not used at all.

Comment

Yes, for some reason the "U S" stamp didn't register. This was a Special Services bag. Looks like it was either little used, or not used at all.
                  Yes, I seen someone say these bags were sent to the military, I guess thats why the leather is so thick, I did change out the bladder, it made a difference but not enough to say this bag is worth getting, I recommend staying away from this bag and others like it, Unless you want to do some heavy bag speed baggin. Yah I'm thinking any bag that has the U S stamp on the bag was meant for the Military

Comment

They were meant to take a tremendous beating, I've seen photos of these set up in encampments behind the combat lines, in wooden cages, hanging on a hook with those clamps we sometimes see on older bags with has an "eye" on the end. A form of stress release more so than excercise

Comment

They were meant to take a tremendous beating, I've seen photos of these set up in encampments behind the combat lines, in wooden cages, hanging on a hook with those clamps we sometimes see on older bags with has an "eye" on the end. A form of stress release more so than excercise
                      I've had a few of those bags with the eye on the loop, I had to cut those eyes off the loop in order to use the bag, One of the bags I had with the eye on the loop was a Reach speed bag, I cut the metal eye off the loop, But when I put a bladder in it, the seams burst open when I filled it up, I do have one maybe two bags that I can remember that also had those metal eye on the loop, The leather turned out to be good, I think it was one of my Wilson bags, if my Goldsmith was from June 1945, than all my other Vintage bags Must be from that era, and I think a few of them are older, Going from how they stitch the seams. That would be Cool though to see those photos you saw.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...
                      X