Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Have you tried a spring between your mount and your chain? That will absorb some of the energy being transferred into your beams. That is the cheapest solution, but will probably still shake things.

A well made wall hanger mounted properly on an outer load bearing wall and upstairs wouldn't feel much.
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 07-24-2019, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Pretty sure the only answer for this would be a free standing unit. Anything attached to the structure of the house is going to vibrate.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Free standing unit.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Have you considered a free standing unit? Anything connected to the floor joisting or wall studs is going to vibrate the house (to some degree) no matter what you do.

You may have already considered that, but that's my suggestion based on my experience.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Have you considered a free standing unit? You know, like the heavy bag, speed bag combo stands? There's absolutely no vibrating the rest of the house that way. I don't know of any way you could snuff out the vibration with anything connected to the floor joisting even with any other bracing you can think of. Or at least, that I can think of..

I'd say a good free standing unit would be the best and quietest way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Advice on hanging Heavy Bag in low ceiling basement

Hi,
    I have an unfinished basement with exposed beams that are 82" from the floor. I've tried to hang two different types of heavy bag hangers (everlast heavy bag hanger, and pro mountings rafter) and both are shaking the room above (dining room) significantly. Any tips?
    I have two bags that I use primarily (80Lb traditional bag, 120 lbs aqua bag).

Anyone have any experience with wall hangers? I need something that's quiet and doesn't shake the house

Thanks guys
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...