• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	debtuf.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	982.9 KB
ID:	125507
    Yap, looks like mine, I noticed the rivet at the bottom, I guess it might have started to pull apart at that area ?

Comment

That's likely, especially if it's been set up too tight, there were/are trainers that like to have them tight as a violin string.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        That's likely, especially if it's been set up too tight, there were/are trainers that like to have them tight as a violin string.
        Yah, I don't like mine that tight, it just makes it easier to target the bag because it doesn't move that much, it kinda defeats the purpose for using defensive moves from being hit by the deb bag

Comment

My double end bag Collection, My Ringside just suddenly lost air and I didn't even touch it, Just heard a hissing sound, I guess it time to give the new revgear a test drive.
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you had a chance to try out that revgear? I like the shape of the speed bag they make but I don't know much about the company.

Comment

Have you had a chance to try out that revgear? I like the shape of the speed bag they make but I don't know much about the company.
              I have their speed bag and love it, it's fast and doesn't need a bladder replacement, Although I bought my speed bag before they changed the labeling on their bags, I just picked up the double end bag not to long ago and I haven't really put time on my deb bags, I can say that the revgear is more responsive than the ringside, the leather is thinner but I actually like it more, it could also be because the loops are shorter and you probably have less Kinetic energy loss because of the shorter loops, I plan on shortening the loops on the ringside in the near future, I know it will be more responsive with shorter loops, I don't know why everyone is putting long loops on their deb bags, it's just a loss of energy being absorbed by the longer loops, BTW I use bungee cords on the top and bottom, Makes the bag harder to target because it also moves up and down with upper cuts and overhand strikes. (Edit) Oh yah I almost forgot that the revgear deb bag is harder to target than the ringside which forces me to be more accurate ;-) I'll post a pic of the speed bag next to the deb bag.
              Last edited by ventanakaz; 07-09-2021, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Pic of revgear deb bag next to the revgear speed bag, the speed bag is really soft on the fist and fast.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

I have their speed bag and love it, it's fast and doesn't need a bladder replacement, Although I bought my speed bag before they changed the labeling on their bags, I just picked up the double end bag not to long ago and I haven't really put time on my deb bags, I can say that the revgear is more responsive than the ringside, the leather is thinner but I actually like it more, it could also be because the loops are shorter and you probably have less Kinetic energy loss because of the shorter loops, I plan on shortening the loops on the ringside in the near future, I know it will be more responsive with shorter loops, I don't know why everyone is putting long loops on their deb bags, it's just a loss of energy being absorbed by the longer loops, BTW I use bungee cords on the top and bottom, Makes the bag harder to target because it also moves up and down with upper cuts and overhand strikes. (Edit) Oh yah I almost forgot that the revgear deb bag is harder to target than the ringside which forces me to be more accurate ;-) I'll post a pic of the speed bag next to the deb bag.
                  interesting, appreciate all the information. I might have to nab one of those revgears. I like the thinner leather even though you sacrifice durability or longevity for responsiveness. Must be why kangaroo leather is ideal. I don't understand the long loops on the debs either, it's just a waste. Looks like it's time to pick up a hand riveter.

Comment

interesting, appreciate all the information. I might have to nab one of those revgears. I like the thinner leather even though you sacrifice durability or longevity for responsiveness. Must be why kangaroo leather is ideal. I don't understand the long loops on the debs either, it's just a waste. Looks like it's time to pick up a hand riveter.
                    Actually the thickness of the leather has nothing to do with durability or longevity, it's the quality of leather that companies use (and the tanning process) i have vintage wilson striking bags that are of thin and thick leather, one of the thin leather vintage bags is in like new condition for a bag that was probably made in the fifties give or take 10 years, and I wouldn't use a hand rivet on the double end bag loops, Probably won't be strong enough under the forces, You'll probably be better off using steel Chicago screws, just make sure they are on tight up against the loops, Squeezing a leather together, you might need washers too. I use washers in conjunction with the chicago screws on my speed bag loops.

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

Actually the thickness of the leather has nothing to do with durability or longevity, it's the quality of leather that companies use (and the tanning process) i have vintage wilson striking bags that are of thin and thick leather, one of the thin leather vintage bags is in like new condition for a bag that was probably made in the fifties give or take 10 years, and I wouldn't use a hand rivet on the double end bag loops, Probably won't be strong enough under the forces, You'll probably be better off using steel Chicago screws, just make sure they are on tight up against the loops, Squeezing a leather together, you might need washers too. I use washers in conjunction with the chicago screws on my speed bag loops.
                      taking me to school once again. Thanks Ralph

Comment

Picked up another Tuf-Wear double end bag, I think this is the time period when tuf-wear went to the UK, this bag was made in India, I haven't hit on it yet but the leather seems really nice, NOS. I don't like having D rings on my deb bags and always cut them off.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Title was selling the "new" Tuf-Wear line for a while, blank website page now with the name at the top.

Comment

Thanks to Pete for telling me about this vintage Everlast double end bag, Now all I have to do is re sew the top loop.
                            Attached Files

Comment

No problem. I've been getting it in on the debs lately. If anyone is on the fence about purchasing one I would recommend picking one up.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X