Double End Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double End Bags

I just picked up this Vintage Tuf-Wear deb bag, it looks like the one I hit on along time ago, Hope it hits as fast as the old one i had. Lets see what you got for double end bags and the reasons why you like it on not.
    Attached Files

I had one of those, got left behind when I moved out of the house twenty two years ago. I was recently helping my son clean out the house (his mother, my ex) had passed away a couple of years ago and he's selling the place. Found the bag in the garage, apparently mice had gotten to it and it was full of holes. Too bad, it was a really good bag, and expensive as I recall. Currently I have one of the 1980's red Everlast DEB, plus I've got a Hitman one, really lightweight leather, doesn't hold air worth a hoot right now. One of these days maybe I'll put a new one in it.

Comment

I'm the type that likes to Analyze why things work or don't work, Or how can I get it to work better and or improve on it, The day after I got the bag and put it up to my Ringside double end bag, A light bulb went off in my head and just by looking at the two bags I could see why the Tuf-Wear deb bag Reacted faster than some of the deb bags that are available today. I need to get more Bungee cord and install the Tuf-Wear bag so I can come to my Conclusion, and if I'm correct i'll be doing some leather surgery on my Ringside 9 inch deb and my Everlast 5 inch double end bag.
      Last edited by ventanakaz; 04-14-2021, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I have 3 double end bag, Rival, Reyes and Title classic. Rival is the best for practicing defensive moves, Reyes is the best for hand speed and the Title Classic is good for beginner.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaz View Post
          I have 3 double end bag, Rival, Reyes and Title classic. Rival is the best for practicing defensive moves, Reyes is the best for hand speed and the Title Classic is good for beginner.
          Do you have pictures? I'm curious about the loops on these bags

Comment

Here's my 2 DEB's. The maxx is heavier and has a shorter loop. I like the heavier bag a lot more, much more movement

Comment

That's what I liked about the Tuf-Wear I had, it more mass to it. I have a Tuf-Wear speed bag, and a Tuf-Wear striking bag (big sucker) both are heavier than the comparable Everlast bags

Comment

I still haven't gotten more Bungee cords and hardware to put up this Tuf-Wear deb yet, But if my theory is right, I'm thinking the reason why I liked my older deb bags was because they had shorter loops on both ends compared to some of the newer ones you see nowadays, I also have that Ringside multiple colored deb too. So as with the speed bags that have longer more flexible loops, I'm thinking that the longer more flexible loops on these deb bags are absorbing and wasting the energy from your strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

Do you have pictures? I'm curious about the loops on these bags
                  Sorry for the delay, here's the pictures:

Comment

Unfortunately I have to wait because it seems nowadays you can't find shit at your local hardware store when it comes to cut to length bungee cords, So as with alot stuff that I used to get at the hardware I have to order it online, It just pisses me off that I can't go to some stores and buy the things I used to get and have to order them online without seeing them and touching them in person for the quality of said product, I used to go to Radio Shack to buy things or go to my local auto parts store (Machine Shop) and talk to someone behind the counter that actually knew something or go to the local Sporting Goods store and buy a good Speed bag, Now lots of stuff is crap and when you order stuff online you have to cross your fingers hoping you don't have to send it back because of said crap you ordered, Rant done, Anyway I have to wait for my bungee cord to come in, So as with the long loops on speed bags I'm figuring that the reason the deb bags are not performing well is because of the long loops that are wasting the energy of your strikes that you put into the deb bags, Comparing my recently purchased tuf-wear bag to my everlast and ringside debs, I can see that the loops are slowing down the newer deb bags compared to the older vintage deb bags, Who was the Genius that decided to put these excessively long loops on the deb bags, If it's not broke don't fix it !

Comment

I would hazard a guess that the smaller loops slowed down production. When I look at the Tuf-Wear bags that I have from that era, they both have the short loops, even a little shorter than the Everlast ones of the same time period. I don't believe that you could do that with sewing machine, it would have to be done by hand. Tuf-Wear for the most part didn't sell a lot to the mass market sporting goods stores, as I recall. The DEB I bought was from a small shop that specialized in selling to the local boxing community, (they serviced bicycles as well as I recall). Any way, the shops that are making this stuff now are being paid by the piece, the more they crank out the more they get paid.
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 04-25-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        I would hazard a guess that the smaller loops slowed down production. When I look at the Tuf-Wear bags that I have from that era, they both have the short loops, even a little shorter than the Everlast ones of the same time period. I don't believe that you could do that with sewing machine, it would have to be done by hand. Tuf-Wear didn't for the most part didn't sell a lot to the mass market sporting goods stores, as I recall. The DEB I bought was from a small shop that specialized in selling to the local boxing community, (they serviced bicycles as well as I recall). Any way, the shops that are making this stuff now are being paid by the piece, the more they crank out the more they get paid.
                        Agreed, I had an everlast of that era, Just before I got my last good deb bag (tuf-wear) from the sporting goods store, it lasted along time before one of the seams came apart, Than that was it, No more tuf-wear at the sporting goods store.

Comment

A endorsement from you two was all I needed to hear. I picked up this behemoth a wile back and it's a great. I ripped a big chunk out of the edge of my left hand removing a subfloor so I haven't been able to hit as much lately but it's given me some more time to make swivels.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	twdeb.png
Views:	66
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	125500

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

A endorsement from you two was all I needed to hear. I picked up this behemoth a wile back and it's a great. I ripped a big chunk out of the edge of my left hand removing a subfloor so I haven't been able to hit as much lately but it's given me some more time to make swivels.

Name:	twdeb.png
Views:	66
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	125500
                            It's hard to tell from your picture because it's blurry, but yours looks like the one I recently picked up

Comment

Name:	debtuf.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	982.9 KB
ID:	125507

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X