• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psum181
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2021

Bag hangs too low

I have a Title 100lb bag that has straps instead of chains and I’m hanging it from an Everlast punching bag stand. The problem is the bag hangs too low and because it isn’t hung by a chain I can’t raise it up a few inches. Any ideas on how to cinch the straps or use some other method to raise the bag? I’m 5’10” and currently am at eye level with the top of the bag.
  • Psum181
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2021

Uploaded four pictures. I hope this gives you a better idea of what I’m working with. I appreciate the help.
    Attached Files

Comment

• zacsol
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2021

I would hang it from the ceiling beams. I use a strong ratchet tie down (you can get it from home depot, costco, etc.) and I could raise or lower it as needed from the ratchet. Plus you get the added benefit of freeing up floor space from the stand so you can now move around the bag.

Comment

• zacsol
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2021

This is my 6 ft bag setup using the rachet tie down and and added swivel to take a bit of rotational stress off.

Comment

• zacsol
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2021

Anytime! Just remember to use a really good ratchet tie down (make sure it's triple stitched). I used a few old crappy ones and they broke. The solution was to use a stronger one plus add the swivel which takes away some stress.

Comment

• zacsol
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2021

Also, a spring might help a bit.. but there was no room with the 6ft bag as it's already to the floor.

Comment

• Magnoliya
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2021

Mine is hung on a roof joist. It seems to be one of the safest ways to secure a punching bag because hanging it onto the wall or using a carbine is too risky in this case. Maybe I’m paranoid, but I am really afraid it might fall down if I hit really hard and secured the bag there really well with chains and straps. But this one is in the garage, where there’s much more space. If you are looking for a boxing bag for apartment, then I would recommend going for a standing one. It’s smaller, quieter, and less dangerous for the walls and the ceiling. The large punching bags need space.
              Last edited by Magnoliya; 12-29-2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

I believe you answered your own question, put the chain back on.
                The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...