• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Speed bag xi (2020)

It was great to re-connect face to face with my bag brothers and sisters. So much so that I've already booked my stay at the Best Western for 2020.

I had some informal chats with a few people about next year's events and schedule, so I'm throwing this out for group discussion.

Thoughts?
    Feedback?
    Ideas?

Dates:
    Thur 7/9/2020 (Setup)
    Fri 7/10/2020 - Sun 7/12/2020 (event)

Where: Real Gymm, (1 American Legion Dr, Keyport NJ ): https://www.realgymm.com/

Much of the discussion was about having a SEMI-structured event - in other words - nobody wants a jam packed schedule of an agenda - but people do want some form of organization and some "anchor" events and happenings.

As such, I'm proposing the following:

Thurs 7/9/2020

(This will be a setup day - where any new platforms are hung, equipment is moved, swivels refurbished etc.)

Fri 7/10/2020

Generally this is a "meet and greet" day, but would include:

9am - Gym is open, and we'll have all day bag punching and chit chat - as we always do

2pm - Speed Bag Symphony Rehearsals - We'll have a short "punch drumming" class and practice time for this event that will happen on Day 2.

4pm : Charity Raffle Ticket Sales Open. We WILL have some nice items provided by vendors to raise money for Charity.

5pm : Speed Demon Practice session
    We will have a serious speed demon competition on Day 2. This will be planning a standardized swivel bag / setup and making two units accessible for practice. During this practice session we will let people warm up and prepare for the actual competition and ensure all the equipment is working.

7pm : Dinner Reservation at Burlews (for 25) . - We will make an actual reservation in advance - so dinner goes smoothly

9pm - onwards - Drinks and chat at McDonoughs Pub.

Saturday 07/11/2020

9am - Gym is open. I believe Donnie is moving "Beast of the Bayshore" competition to Sunday next year - so we'll have open bag punching all day

2pm Speed Bag Symphony - We will be publishing a "playlist" of speed bag punchable songs soon - the ideas is to get EVERYONE on a bag (that wishes to be involved punching in time to the music) - and video tape it etc. It will start with simple songs and progress to more and more difficult (until only ALan and Matt are left - LOL). This event will be videoed for sharing.

4pm - Charity raffle. We will randomly pick winners of items. Money will be donated to Charity.

5pm - Speed Demon competition - We will have a speed demon formal competition with a PRIZE. We will do the 1:00 countdown maximum number of punches. This event will be videoed for sharing.

7pm - Dinner Reservation at "Old Glory" (for approx 25).

9pm - Open bag punching back at the gym

Sunday 7/11/2020

10 AM - Group breakfast at Lenora's

Beast of the Bayshore competition (TBD)

Tear down/clean up/ etc.
    Last edited by Tim; 11-10-2019, 12:55 PM.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Nice! Booking my room this coming week.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jul 2019

Really had a good time at speedbag 10. Can

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Even booked the same room!
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...