• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    https://vimeo.com/39054314

Anyone remember my failed Kickstarter video....???

Could it really have been 7 years ago already?

Might be time for a follow-up film!

Indeed : The ART of the Bag II: Still Punching..

Originally posted by morphiusrt View Post
    With your suggestion yesterday via text I am going to start uploading some of my videos on youtube. Even though they are far from impressive, I'd still like to share. Might even try to convince my wife to make some of her hitting the bag, she can fist roll better than me.

I have been strongly debating on making the trip out for Speed Bag X too. Is there an event link or anything? I put a join request for the facebook page like 3 months ago and it still hasn't been approved.

Hey Morphiusrt, Make the Trip! We'd love to meet you and Bring the wife. We have several awesome bagging couples that have made pretty much every gathering. It's open to everyone, ESPECIALLY forum members.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 06-05-2019, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• morphiusrt
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    It would be great if you could film some bagging this year. Maybe some in slo-mo? We really have to get more video out on social media this year if we want the sport to revive to its former glory.
    With your suggestion yesterday via text I am going to start uploading some of my videos on youtube. Even though they are far from impressive, I'd still like to share. Might even try to convince my wife to make some of her hitting the bag, she can fist roll better than me.

I have been strongly debating on making the trip out for Speed Bag X too. Is there an event link or anything? I put a join request for the facebook page like 3 months ago and it still hasn't been approved.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    It would be great if you could film some bagging this year. Maybe some in slo-mo? We really have to get more video out on social media this year if we want the sport to revive to its former glory.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    That failed??? Bring on a X kickstarter!

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    "Art of the Bag" will follow the evolution of the speed bag and show that it's much more then just a boxing exercise. More and more the speed…

Anyone remember my failed Kickstarter video....???

Could it really have been 7 years ago already?

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
    No soiree of swivels setting sail?
    Their lack of attention to the matter and necessary due diligence works well for me.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 05-22-2019, 10:44 PM. Reason: italic...

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    No soiree of swivels setting sail?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Nobody replied. Oh, well. Sorry, guys, that boatload of Arc swivels just sailed.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    OMG,I think I can bring a "boatload" of Arc swivels to #SpeedBagX, and maybe sell them at a discount

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I am thinking of bringing a trunk load full of speed bag stuff I would rather trade than sell. Does anyone else want to do this, a little swap meet?

I have a bunch of swivels, new and old, and a bunch of bags I never use for one reason or another. We could bet/barter/trade

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    ...for me it was something special as back then Everlast made the best gear, and this was the bag that the pros would use. (At least in my mind)
    Since your door prize new-in-box 4200 should probably stay new-in-box for the winner, I will bring my "beater" 4200 to #SpeedBagX for everyone to enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by MARIANO View Post
    I was anxious to get warning from Dee Poole He will go. Reservations made. Can not clutch meet this capacity. Sacks Inflated. Alan we ought to get ready to RIP up some calfskin. Energized
    Be great to see you there!

Leave a comment:

• MARIANO
    replied
    I was anxious to get warning from Dee Poole He will go. Reservations made. Can not clutch meet this capacity. Sacks Inflated. Alan we ought to get ready to RIP up some calfskin. Energized

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Alan is dead on, the packaging on the left is what they used mid to late 1970's to mid 1980's. The box on the right is much later, 1990's

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Rusty my first glimpse of the 4200 was kind of like the story you tell. In 1992 I was in a workout phase. I lifted, ran and did some Tae Kwon Doe. I remember wanting a speed bag and went to the local Sporting Goods Store. I can't remember the name of it, but it was managed by the owner. They pretty much had everything they sold in stock at the store. They had a decent boxing gear section. I remember not having much money because I was 19. The price of a 4200 was as much as the budget speed bag set I ended up buying. With the budget set I got a budget Everlast bag, a chain link swivel, bag gloves, and a jump rope. I keep trying to find the budget bag in my Dad's filled with junk garage but cannot.

I remember wanting the 4200 because the one they had was so soft and small. The budget bag I got (Probably a 4210 or 4214) was red, and very rough on the bare hands. The platform drum cracked right down the middle after a summer of wailing on the bag. My hands were a bloody mess since I overinflated the bag and threw straight punches at it as hard as I could with a hook every now and then.

Others may not find a 4200 the right bag for them, but for me it was something special as back then Everlast made the best gear, and this was the bag that the pros would use. (At least in my mind)

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...