Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Platforms

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Platforms Tips and tricks for mounting your speed bag platform. Ideas, information, and examples of home made or customized platforms

Old 03-27-2007, 08:42 PM

BillyMack is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BillyMack Send a message via MSN to BillyMack
Hey Ninja - Just wanted to let you know my birthday is August 5.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMack View Post
Hey Ninja - Just wanted to let you know my birthday is August 5.
hahaha good one
________
Portable vaporizer review

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM

ninja420 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL sory but no more birthday plaforms avalible Heehe but if there is any one on here that wants a Custom Delux platform (thats what im calling them) and can cover the shipping and materials and a little cash for my time feel free to message me and we can probley work somthing out
Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Chris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja420 View Post
LOL sory but no more birthday plaforms avalible Heehe but if there is any one on here that wants a Custom Delux platform (thats what im calling them) and can cover the shipping and materials and a little cash for my time feel free to message me and we can probley work somthing out
Ninja, FYI, you could probably cut costs even more if you go to your local scrap metal yard. You can probably buy some good used steel there for really cheap.

I was going to make a unit out of angle iron that I was going to get from old bed rails that I was collecting but I found a deal for a really nice Ringside unit so I never got to follow through. I had just collected enough rails to be ready to start when I found something better.

The materials were going to cost me nothing because I was just cruising around in my truck every now and then looking for people who had put old bedding out for the garbage man to pick up.

I figured I needed approximately 30' of angle iron to be on the safe side which is only about 5 bed rails..... It would have cost me about $50 at Lowes, and I was going to try to local scrapmetal yard when I came up with my idea. People throw out those old bed rails every day, especially when you live in a college community like I do. Landlords put a lot of good stuff on the curb when students move out and leave whatever they can't take with them. I've actually picked up several nice TVs on the side of the road, but that's another subject.

But yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:09 PM

You are correct Chris and that would be fine for a platform Like mine and many others. What I was trying to make here is a work of art. I have yet to see a bed rail made from 2x4 cold rolled heavy gauge steel tubing wich was most of the cost on this project. Although at the scrap metal yards you have a good chance of finding these things. and remember the heaver the steel the better the unit. and @ 13.75 a foot for thick wall 2x4 tubing things can get expensive realy quick especialy if you make a wrong cut. But I have to agree angle iron is a great way to go.... I mean shit my platform is made out of a bed frame=
Old 03-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Chris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja420 View Post
You are correct Chris and that would be fine for a platform Like mine and many others. What I was trying to make here is a work of art. I have yet to see a bed rail made from 2x4 cold rolled heavy gauge steel tubing wich was most of the cost on this project. Although at the scrap metal yards you have a good chance of finding these things. and remember the heaver the steel the better the unit. and @ 13.75 a foot for thick wall 2x4 tubing things can get expensive realy quick especialy if you make a wrong cut. But I have to agree angle iron is a great way to go.... I mean shit my platform is made out of a bed frame=
I didn't mean to criticize in any way, you did make a great piece of art! I love to make things also, and sometimes part of the fun is seeing how cheaply I can do it and to improve or put my own twist on an already well thought out design.

Good job!
Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM

my feelings were hurt in no way Chris and thank you for your complements on the plaform I built, it means alot to me.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:17 AM

hispanicmakingpanic is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb speedbag medley

Here is my homemade platform. It is made of 2x4 studs. Works perfect.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
Here is my homemade platform. It is made of 2x4 studs. Works perfect.
Welcome to the forums... the attachment didn't come through. It's a pretty common mistake to forget to hit "upload" after you browse to the file.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:17 AM

hispanicmakingpanic is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Homemade platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Welcome to the forums... the attachment didn't come through. It's a pretty common mistake to forget to hit "upload" after you browse to the file.
Thank you Tim. I'm new at all this, but I'm thrilled to join your site. Here now is my homemade setup.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8q1_YLSQQ)

Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 05-08-2007 at 03:20 AM.