Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Reviews

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Reviews Post reviews of equipment, books, DVDs, etc. here

Old 04-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Roscoe is on a distinguished road
Thanks Alan

[QUOTE=Speedbag;749]There are several online vender sources: "...or directly from me. contact me either by PM from this board or from speedbagcentral.com contact page"

I bought two sets each of the bible & DVD's, one for me & one for my brother.

We were lost but now we're found!

Roscoe

Last edited by Roscoe; 04-10-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
awesome ive herd very good things about the bible and DVD i plan on getting the DVDs very soon. (especially if i win my weekly poker match this weekend )
________
Petite Cam

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

whiptats is on a distinguished road
I wonder

how clean i can mount my TV above my platform. Seems almost like a new product idea.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiptats View Post
how clean i can mount my TV above my platform. Seems almost like a new product idea.
Some people I know use a laptop to refer to the DVD as they punch. They set up a small stool or table by the bag and set their laptop with a DVD player on it.

An easier way is to "air punch" the movements slowly and sound out the rebound sounds so your hands learn how to move and your ears get to hear the "beat". Then with some muscle memory go try it slowly on the bag.

(* by the way, that is why I wrote the book first, thinking that one could always take the book under the board, read and mimic the movements, then take it to the bag. I had never seen a TV or video player (vhs back then) in a training gym or by a speed bag, hence a book would make more sense. I didn't shoot the video's until over a year later.....)

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

The Art of the Bag
Old 12-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Speed Bag Wizard

spinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond reputespinsmashpop has a reputation beyond repute
Speed Bag Bible

Every time I open this book, I learn something new! It's all there! It can be overwhelming at first, but when you are questioning something you are working on, you can easily find it and get straight to improving technique.
The DVD's are great. It's helpful to at least have the 2 Hr. Training Program DVD to really see exactly what Alan is explaining in the book.
All in all, if you're excited about baggin' and going beyond the standard patterns, Alan Kahn's Speed Bag Bible is the only real place to go!
Thanks Alan!
KEEP ON BAGGIN'!

Last edited by spinsmashpop; 12-11-2008 at 04:31 AM. Reason: bothersome incorrect spelling!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

whiptats is on a distinguished road
Thank you, Alan.

I got The Speed Bag Bible last week and am very impressed. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about it, except that I have progressed beyond my expectations already. Thank you again, Alan.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiptats View Post
I got The Speed Bag Bible last week and am very impressed. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about it, except that I have progressed beyond my expectations already. Thank you again, Alan.

Thanks and I hope it helps.Although it sounds "corny", I did all the writing, re-writing, and re-writing again hoping there were really folks like you (and other board members) that would in fact care enough about learning the speed bag to really start at page 1 and give it a chance. I know it isn't an easy read, and it takes some study, but I believe the trip is worth the effort.

Like most instruments, once you learn to read the sheet music, the instrument begins to play.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

The Art of the Bag