Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

The mailman is probably baggin' away somewhere right now. No big deal, I'll drop another one in the mail tonight, I'll pack it a little better and more discreet so it doesn't get intercepted by the USPS. If a mailman shows up to Speed BAG 2010, shake him down for the leather swivel.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

back by popular demand

Spin, a double-dose of dog and frisbee. The second catch is "The Immaculate Reception."

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Nice work Aaron! Great scenery as well!
        sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
          Spin, a double-dose of dog and frisbee. The second catch is "The Immaculate Reception."

pretty cute, but...... I got two speed bags that can do that....

(just kidding)
          Last edited by Speedbag; 05-26-2010, 07:44 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Aaron, just got back into town and your leather strap swivels were in the mailbox. Very ingenious design. No need to worry about metal shavings. I'll swap out your eye-bolt/leather strap on my setup, try it out and let you know how it goes.

I'll take it to SB 2010 and let the other baggers try it out. Thanks so much.

I'll be out of town again tomorrow until Saturday, so I may not get a chance to try it out until Sat nite/Sunday.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Biff, Glad the swivels made it this time. Thanks for giving it a whirl; Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Well folks, I received Aaron's version of an eye-hook/strap. It's pretty ingenious. As you can see from the pictures, he's using the leather strap in place of the S-hook. The second picture shows the difference in length (Aaron's is about 1/2 inch shorter). The last two pics show the wear and tear from the friction between my cuurent eye-bolt/S-hook.

With Aaron's design, there is no worry about metal shavings flying in your eye. The bag hits just as good with Aaron's as it did with my current setup. I didn't see any difference in performance. I haven't hit it enough to see if there is a difference in speed. There may be, but I can not yet tell.

It does take a while longer to swap out bags than with an S-hook, but once the leather "loosens up" a bit, that shouldn't be an issue.

For those of you attending Speed BAG 2010, I'm going to take it with me, so you folks can give it a try and let Aaron know what you think.

Once again, thank you Aaron. I'll post up a vid once I get a camera from work.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Biff; 05-29-2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Well folks, I received Aaron's version of an eye-hook/strap. It's pretty ingenious.
                  I agree.

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Can't wait to see the video.
                    sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Very cool! All makes good sense!

"What does a speed bagger say to an irate, antagonistic, belligerent individual who is getting in their face a little too much, right before he goes into some inane fist rollin' mania of the self defense kind?"

"Hey man, bag off, just bag off if ya know what's good for ya..."

Then he says, as he points, "hey look, it's Chuck Norris".... the belligerent one turns to see the star who is clearly not there, then the fist rolling with quadruple elbows thrown in for due backup gets unleashed!

haha......

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

Well folks, I received Aaron's version of an eye-hook/strap. It's pretty ingenious. As you can see from the pictures, he's using the leather strap in place of the S-hook. The second picture shows the difference in length (Aaron's is about 1/2 inch shorter). The last two pics show the wear and tear from the friction between my cuurent eye-bolt/S-hook.

With Aaron's design, there is no worry about metal shavings flying in your eye. The bag hits just as good with Aaron's as it did with my current setup. I didn't see any difference in performance. I haven't hit it enough to see if there is a difference in speed. There may be, but I can not yet tell.

It does take a while longer to swap out bags than with an S-hook, but once the leather "loosens up" a bit, that shouldn't be an issue.

For those of you attending Speed BAG 2010, I'm going to take it with me, so you folks can give it a try and let Aaron know what you think.

Brilliant idea!! where did the top hook come from did you open up a standard one? looking forward to the vids!!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Biff, glad you like the swivel, thanks again for trying it out. As the strap loosens up a bit, it does get very easy to swap out bags.

Fingers, for the hook, I used a 1/4" x 1" eye bolt that I ordered from www.boltdepot.com. Originally, I opened up the hook that came with the swivel, but the hooks I ordered work just the same.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Feb 2010

Hi aad, just catching up and everyones videos and posts and enjoyed your latest session a lot. Other people have already said it but I thought all your puncing looked crisp and even too. Nice work! Look forward to more.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hey aad, I've been curious about the leather strap ever since you told us about it... But, I didn't think I could swap out my hook without Trainer Raul's assistance... He's the man with the tools. (After all, I don't want to chip a nail or get grease on me! )

If it cuts down on noise without slowing down the bag, then I'm definitely going to consider trying it out.

BTW, I love the scenery in your lake house vids. I didn't know that Texas has lakes. (That goes to show you that I don't look at a map of Texas very often! )

You have a nice laid-back style of punching... Looks good... just need to keep the elbows up...
                              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Tim
                                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Well folks, I received Aaron's version of an eye-hook/strap. It's pretty ingenious. As you can see from the pictures, he's using the leather strap in place of the S-hook.

Aaron, thanks so much for sending that to Biff, can't wait to try it at SPEED B.A.G. 2010. It really is great to see people innovating and not just using the equipment as is.

The second picture shows the difference in length (Aaron's is about 1/2 inch shorter). The last two pics show the wear and tear from the friction between my cuurent eye-bolt/S-hook.
                                Wow - materials sure have gotten cheap. I can't believe that amount of wear !

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...