X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

The older individual in this video did NOT send this footage to me as a challenge to see if I could replicate his combinations - but only to demonstrate a modification he made to the swivel.
    I stand corrected, you did say that in your first post.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by saifullah21 View Post
      Gotta agree with speedbag. It's refreshing to see how others bring their own flavor. Check this guy's elbow combos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sbCsddSn_o
      Good Lord, that video had me cheering.

His Originality (Punching over - & - under the Outward Elbow), and Speed of performance was amazing. Great link, Saifullah21.

That is exactly what I meant about people bringing their own flavor and style to the bag.

In years past, I did mess around with the Outward-Single Elbow, Straight Punch combo [ OSES ' FSP ] like this guy does, (by dropping the lead fist of the Outward-Triple Elbow Strike), but would always rotate it to the other arm lead. It never really took hold as something to pursue. But this gentleman has taken it a step futher by doing it repetitively with the "Same Arm leading"

[ L-(O-SES) ' ' ' R-(FSP) ] x4-5 ' ' ' other side, repeat.

Very unusual but really cool to watch. I am reminded of the look on the face of Dr. Schroeder, (the guy who taught me) - when he first saw the Downward Elbow Strikes. He just shook his head and said "Wow. I never thought of that..."

(I know how you feel, Doc..)
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Well Well Well

For the record i did not say anything about him not being very good on the speed bag, the man is awesome does a hole different technic then me for sure, thats y in my original post i made sure to state it was my opinion, but any hows i agree with you Alan kahn you are so right about knowing who is hitting the bag with out even seeing them just hearing how the bag moves, we all have our own style technic and preferance on the speed bag, most all of us here make totaly different sounds on the bag ill bet if we were all together in i dont know a big gym with say 50 bags set up and every body busting out combos WOW would we make some noise!!!

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
          • Oct 2006

i agree with speedbag skunk. i like that technique and combination, and it looks cool, but i dont like the idea of having to change a setup in order to do one move. its not very practical especially if your unit isnt adjustable, like mine isnt. im sure there are hundreds of unencountered techniques and combos like "speedbag" says, but this just happens to be one that i will leave for someone else to do. thats one great thing about the bag; every person's style is different.

Comment

• Teetu
            • Aug 2006

ive been gone from the forums for a while and this is by far the best post I've seen here in a while. This is some crazy stuff, and I especially like that outward elbow and front straight punch.

Seeing these new techniques reminds me of the dunk contest. For a while no one was doing new dunks and and it was thought that everything had been done- but sure enough people started putting the ball under the leg and doing 720s proving that you can keep progressing forward.

I can't wait until I get comfortable with all the basic techniques so I can start experimenting on my own.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Teetu

Originally posted by Teetu View Post
              ive been gone from the forums for a while and this is by far the best post I've seen here in a while. This is some crazy stuff, and I especially like that outward elbow and front straight punch.

Seeing these new techniques reminds me of the dunk contest. For a while no one was doing new dunks and and it was thought that everything had been done- but sure enough people started putting the ball under the leg and doing 720s proving that you can keep progressing forward.

I can't wait until I get comfortable with all the basic techniques so I can start experimenting on my own.
              Hey Teetu, welcome back.

There has been originality bustin' out all over the place lately. Lot's of magic under the board these days.
              Some of our "young guns" are throwing out some pretty sweet combinations. I have really been amazed at the speed of skills progression.

It's a great time to be a speedbagger
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2015

He had the rhythm of that combo down pat. And knew where his hands and elbows were in space and time. Pretty epic for a bagger of any age let alone 85 years old. Baggers just keep getting better as they get older.

The video said Try This - so I did as I was told and had a go mate lol.

Tried to mix it in with some other combinations.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

These videos are inspirational. That platform is as always magnificent.

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Nice! ... I keep forgetting that as it gets colder here (NY)...it's becoming summer for you. Had the first flurries the other day....better get that snow shovel tuned up!!
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2015

Today I added side triple elbow strikes onto the end of this awesome combo by using a double bump on one of the inward elbows. See what you think. Bag on.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
                        Today I added side triple elbow strikes onto the end of this awesome combo by using a double bump on one of the inward elbows. See what you think. Bag on.

very nicely done. Wish I could do inward elbows like that.

Looks amazing.

So, you know there is several ways you could write all that......
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                          very nicely done. Wish I could do inward elbows like that.

Looks amazing.

So, you know there is several ways you could write all that......
                          I was thinking the very same thing. Funny that.

..(FSP)'(FSP)'(FSP)'(FSP)'(I-SES)'(FCP)'(FSP)'(I-SES)'(FCP)'(FSP)'(I-SES)'(I-SES)'(S-TES)''(S-TES)'' ...repeat

or
                          (FSP)'(FSP)'(FSP)'(I-DES)'(FCP)'(I-DES)'(FCP)'(I-DES)'(I-SES)'(S-DES)'(SSP)''(S-TES)''...repeat

or
                          (FSP)'(FSP)'(FSP)'(I-DES)'(FCP)'(I-DES)'(FCP)'(I-DES)'(I-SES)'(I-SES)'(SDP)''(S-TES)''...repeat

And I bet there are more. The Speed Bag Bible has given us the benefit of being able to write them in each alternative way - which helps us to visualize the combos from every aspect and get the body throwing the right shapes.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2015

Here is another combo that Alan suggested I try. It goes (I-TES)'(I-TES)'(S-TES)'(O-TES)

This one is fun, it feels like the bag is really rumbling against the board.

Next I will go for a (D-TES) instead of the (O-TES) and add a (I-TES) to the end to make it a continuous roll.

The possibilities are nearly endless?

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2015

My bad. I posted the wrong clip. I only do the (S-TES)'(O-TES) once in that one. The rest had two rebounds between.

Here we go ...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
                                Here is another combo that Alan suggested I try. It goes (I-TES)'(I-TES)'(S-TES)'(O-TES)

This one is fun, it feels like the bag is really rumbling against the board.

Next I will go for a (D-TES) instead of the (O-TES) and add a (I-TES) to the end to make it a continuous roll.

The possibilities are nearly endless?

That they are. And now you can try to write as many as possible and go figure them out to see if they work on the bag. You have arrived when you can see and hear it in your mind, write it on the page and reproduce it on the bag. That can happen in any order, but the beauty (and importance) of writing it on the page is to be sure what you just did can be seen and learned by someone else, ....and that way your skill and knowledge does not die with you.
                                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...