• Jun 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      .... and as I like to say : "if it works, it works"
      Overall I think Baggist deserves a NOBEL BAGGIN' PRIZE for bringing this new technique to life.
      My thoughts exactly. Even a miss-hit counts if there is very little change in speed, the bag doesn't break down, helicopter, or force a stoppage to start over.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
        Thanks Biff!! 2010 has been a Great year for bagging. I think even though many of us couldn't attend.... the energy created by SPEED B.A.G. 2010 inspired all of us baggers to new levels.
        Good point Baggist - it has been a great year for bagging

and

Wow -upward elbow strikes

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a superficial 'go' at this. It's a damned hard move (in fact, seems impossible right now!)

Amazing skills! You'll need to post a tutorial now

Comment

• The Baggist
          Vert Baggin' Master
          • May 2009

Originally posted by deano View Post
          45 trucks and counting. Always good Daniel. Keep the vids coming
          Thanks Deano!!! I still can't do Ozzie Elbows and it makes me angry
          Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Actually, that would be three techniques if you count the upward Single, Double and Triple. I would say these surpass the 4-Way Elbow Strikes in skill required, and may even surpass the Reverse Roll (R-Roll) or Side-Reverse Double Punch (S-RDP) as the most difficult to master.
          Thanks Alan!!!
          Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
          Cool to add a new technique. Am I wrong, or does it sound a little like a miss hit? It kinda looks like the swivel is going up a little and getting air. Maybe if there weren't any force behind it but just let the bag rebound off the elbow at this point would keep it smooth. Great to be pushing the envelope on what can be done with speed bagin, new techniques, swivels, boards and mounts. Keep it coming baggers!!!
          Thanks Piefurz!! Yeah its a miss hit or maybe a few. It was pretty new to me at that point and had only tried it the day before. Funny thing is I haven't been able to punch since then and probably can't even do it now.
          This takes impeccable timing, because it's an upward strike, it's very easy to drive the ball into the top of the swivel housing. He's hitting on a Atomic XS 7"x5" bag , so it's light and small...small target, requires great precision and just the right amount of force. And he's punching VERY FAST, which makes it all the harder... so to sum it all up, I think there is a slight clank in there somewhere, but it's still rebounding pretty darn good, and as I like to say : "if it works, it works"

Overall I think Baggist deserves a NOBEL BAGGIN' PRIZE for bringing this new technique to life.
          Ha Ha Thanks Tim!!! Not sure if its award worthy but I appreciate it! And also if I ever need a lawyer I'm callin Tim!...
          Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Yes, I agree that this qualifies for a Nobel prize!

And after searching the web, I have found the elusive NOBEL BAGGING PRIZE medal!!
          Thanks Mrs Dee!!! haha
          Originally posted by paranday View Post
          I can't wait to hear The Baggist's Nobel speech.
          Thanks Paranday!! Speechless
          Originally posted by juxt View Post
          [IMG][/IMG]
          The Elusive Seeback Trophy!! I need to get a copy of that book, that is awesome!! Thanks Juxt!!!
          Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
          Good point Baggist - it has been a great year for bagging

and

Wow -upward elbow strikes

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a superficial 'go' at this. It's a damned hard move (in fact, seems impossible right now!)

Amazing skills! You'll need to post a tutorial now
          Thanks Mrs Mitts!! Keep at it, with your 4th dimensional speed bag skills you will have it soon.

Comment

• Bruce
            • Dec 2009

Just wanted to add my kudos to the already long list... well done, sir. Thanks for introducing us to an additional strike to put in our speedbag repertoire.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
              After not punching for a couple of weeks I was having withdraws so I stepped up to the bag Friday and asked myself why not Upward Elbow Strikes? I really didn't think they would work but after messing around I started throwing the Upward Double Elbow Strikes and linking them with the downward doubles and next came the Triple........ WARNING!!! Be careful!!!! It is very easy to bash your elbow into the board or the swivel! IT HURTS(take my word for it)!!
              I was immediately mesmerized by this and figured it would be a great complement to the various advanced punching (1 rebound) elbow moves I do. Here's the result. Kudos again to you baggist to bringing this move to the masses.

Last edited by Tim; 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Tim, by Jove, I think you've got it. It looks like you caught it high enough on the rebound that you got more of the side of the bag than the bottom so it sends the bag back rather than up. Would like to see and hear the video this came from. You're doing good with the elbows. Hope to see you in STL.

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
                  • Nov 2010

Wow Tim!....that is a very impressive display of elbows, never seen anything like that before. Seems as if you're taking your speed bagging skills to the next level!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                    Tim, by Jove, I think you've got it. It looks like you caught it high enough on the rebound that you got more of the side of the bag than the bottom so it sends the bag back rather than up. Would like to see and hear the video this came from. You're doing good with the elbows. Hope to see you in STL.
                    I lost the original clip after I made the GIF. I replaced above with a youtube with sound of something similar.

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      Just wanted to add my kudos to the already long list... well done, sir. Thanks for introducing us to an additional strike to put in our speedbag repertoire.
                      Sorry for the belated THANK YOU Bruce!! Been off the net for a while.
                      I was immediately mesmerized by this and figured it would be a great complement to the various advanced punching (1 rebound) elbow moves I do. Here's the result. Kudos again to you baggist to bringing this move to the masses.

Killer moves Tim!! Amazing total control!!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Impressive Tim

You been living under your board? I'm still working on that other move, that GIF of yours that's now been upgraded! Cool.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Tim you have found "the gift" of bag. Amazing. You and a few others here are expanding the known speed bag universe exponentially.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Tim you have found "the gift" of bag. Amazing. You and a few others here are expanding the known speed bag universe exponentially.
                            Thanks Alan. I should mention that the variations of this that Baggist does are much harder than what I'm doing. The easiest way to do it is after a D-DES, in my opinion. From a FSP or FCP is HARD but doable, at least occasionally for me

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks Alan. I should mention that the variations of this that Baggist does are much harder than what I'm doing. The easiest way to do it is after a D-DES, in my opinion. From a FSP or FCP is HARD but doable, at least occasionally for me
                              Obviously the D-DES already has the forearm in the raised position for the returning upward motion.

Baggist continues to amaze me with his imagination and bag control, as you do.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...