Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Pictures and Videos

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Pictures and Videos Let's see what you've got

Old 09-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Speed Bag Guru

paranday is on a distinguished road
I'll admit that I cannot rule out an effect. The disbelief in my retort was a reflection of the certainty with which the claim was advanced.

Mundane claims require mundane evidence which Balazs doesn't offer. A few moments ago I taped two pennies to a thin skinned Ringside speed bag and then moved them to different locations and cannot detect an influence. Two pennies may be insufficient weight but allow me to say, "My two cents, worth what it cost you."

Let us know the results of any well designed experiment regarding this lacy matter.

Last edited by paranday; 09-04-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Speed Bag Guru

rdshackleford is on a distinguished road
I'm not saying you are wrong, and I am not disagreeing. In fact, my guess would be that laces have very little affect, unless they are big laces with lots of surface area and aerodynamic drag on a comparatively small bag. Then maybe.

I'm just saying I find it an interesting theoretical question to ponder. Unless I think of some easy and interesting way to experiment, I'll probably just think about it from time to time. And I don't have the skills to tell just by punching.

-Rusty
p.s. Kudos for doing the pennies experiment! Australia's Dr. Karl would be very proud.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Speed Bag Guru

paranday is on a distinguished road
I hadn't thought about aerodynamics. On a flyweight bag like the Title Platinum Atomic that may be a factor, yet guys make that bag fly without undue difficulty. In the real world laces don't seem to matter.