• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Just saw the first appearance of "That Metal Show" with BT drumming and rippin' the speed bag. AWESOME! The post past episodes here. Look for the April 7 show soon.

Great Job BT (SpinSmashPop)

Originally posted by juxt View Post
    dang it. i wanted to watch it, but fell asleep a couple hours before it came on. cant wait for it to show up on the net. props to BT!!!
    Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
    Excellent Job mixing in the punch drumming while ripping it up on the drums Brian! The Hosts and Ironically, the Shock Rock Star Alice Cooper, seemed to be in shock when you did your thang on the Drums while punch drumming at the same time with one hand. Jack Russel Later in the show seemed amazed as well! BTW I felt an Electrifying surge when they intro'd you at the start of the show! Great Gig Man!

Great Plug for the Realm of Speed Bagging and Punch Drumming! You Make us Proud!!!

Balaz worked some magic with the set up too!
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Is that great or what
    Thanks guys! Yes... a first !! I got what I wanted in there... but I cold have went another level higher and more dramatic and all that.. But the last thing I needed was a mis hit.... the nerve level was too high being that it was the first time .. and my first time ever on tv getting that kind of attention....
    So... all in all... it was real cool... and it was great to see Alice Cooper react like that... I didn't see it at the time... but after the clips he saw he would give me a wave and thumbs up.. we have met years ago at a small club after I was supposed to do some shows filing in for his drummer.. but it didn't happen ... so his people compensated me for my time learning stuff, which was a righteous thing to do.... so Alice... the legend, the shock rock innovator..is a straight up guy! He loves to golf... but maybe he's also love to bag....
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Brian, outstanding job! What a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your drumming skills to a national audience. Not to mention the great publicity for the speed bag. There was a touch of awe on the faces of AC and JR. Must have been a great night for you. Congrats.

Completely understand about the worry over a mis hit. But you bagged it up nicely. Is there another segment on 4/14, or is it a repeat performance?

Also, did Balazs give you that setup for future performances, or did they want it back?

Once again, great job, you made the bagging community proud.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by biff View Post
        hey brian, outstanding job! What a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your drumming skills to a national audience. Not to mention the great publicity for the speed bag. There was a touch of awe on the faces of ac and jr. Must have been a great night for you. Congrats.
        Thanks!
        Completely understand about the worry over a mis hit. But you bagged it up nicely. Is there another segment on 4/14, or is it a repeat performance?
        Next saturday is a new seg. Butit is the first one i filmed. I only hit the bag twice and really needed to get comfy as my nerves were gettin at me a bit... It's fine ... But this episode is better i think... As far as the drumming.... Now i know how much cooler stuff i could have gotten going...
        [/quote]
        Also, did balazs give you that setup for future performances, or did they want it back?
        I still have it... It is a beast and prob costs a lot to ship....for now, it is good for me to have if something else comes of this opportunity....
        Once again, great job, you made the bagging community proud.
        Thanks! It was a trip!!

Bag on!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Thanks guys! Yes... a first !! I got what I wanted in there... but I could have went another level higher and more dramatic and all that.. But the last thing I needed was a mis hit.... the nerve level was too high being that it was the first time .. and my first time ever on tv getting that kind of attention....
          So... all in all... it was real cool...
          Yep, the world is full of "shoulda, woulda, coulda" and hindset is always 20/20, but the fact is, Your drumming rocked, the bag bits rocked and it was definitely a moment of "Shock Rock" history. That was your time and it looked and sounded just fine. Proud moment for drummers and the speed bag community. And (I hope) Balazsboxing and a vision of a future market for speed bag. we gotta have a set up at this years Percussive Arts Society gathering in Austin Texas. The time is right with Balazs, Brandon, Demaris entertainment.... ahh! This could be THE coolest demo ever in history of PAS. Gotta be YOU, BT. you're the drummer they will all believe. ( but no pressure... )

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          ..and it was great to see Alice Cooper react like that... I didn't see it at the time... but after the clips he saw he would give me a wave and thumbs up.. we have met years ago at a small club after I was supposed to do some shows filing in for his drummer.. but it didn't happen ... so his people compensated me for my time learning stuff, which was a righteous thing to do.... so Alice... the legend, the shock rock innovator..is a straight up guy! He loves to golf... but maybe he's also love to bag....
          BAG ON!
          His eyes were like saucers, which might be normal for him, I don't know, but he look genuinely amazed. Sure, he loved your drumming licks, but I think he's probably heard a few of those in his day - It was the speed bag, baby, that lit him up. Just the visual of that bag sitting there, and the dual kick lick hitting the bag with the drums in triplets. Just amazing visual and sound.

Can't wait for next week's episode..
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Just saw the second "that Metal Show" with BT as guest musician, and was happy to see the hosts and guests kept referencing BT and the speed bag throughout the different segments. That makes sense because Jeff Pilson was i foreigner and mention Brian and the "speed bag truck" on tour. I've met both Jeff Pilson and George Lynch while visiting Brian at various rock shows.

Great performances, BT. Your drumming licks this show were killer!
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Here are a few pictures I took from the TV of the second show

and a bit more here:
              Attached Files
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• berryna
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2012

Saturdays at 11:00 PM EST on VH1 Classic cambridge satchel company us
                fluro cambridge satchel bag
                yellow cambridge satchel bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...