X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltbaby
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
    Nice spot! I like standing on lots of mats - makes me smile. Reminds me of school.
    Enjoy your new setup!

BTW: I've found that a 45 degree brace from the top front of the drum to the wall (or cross member) eliminates vibration in the drum. It may be elsewhere, but triangles are solid.
    Thanks, I got it put up and I love the nice deep tone it has. The only bummer is that the whole wall is vibrating a bit. I need to see if I can figure out how to deaden it.
    The rhythm is gonna get you, too!

Comment

• Boltbaby
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      ...hey boltbaby do you have anything on top of your drum for vibration if not try some (joint compound) dee and raul said it works better than sand, i have sand on top of mine but i'm gonna give the joint compound a try...ralph
      I rearranged the bags of sand I had up there and it seemed to do the trick. Before I put it up there my whole wall was vibrating when I hit it.

I just love my new drum. The sound is much easier on the ears and the birch, I think ithe finish might be resin, so it hits nice and smooth. So much nicer to look at too.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Boltbaby View Post
        I rearranged the bags of sand I had up there and it seemed to do the trick. Before I put it up there my whole wall was vibrating when I hit it.

I just love my new drum. The sound is much easier on the ears and the birch, I think ithe finish might be resin, so it hits nice and smooth. So much nicer to look at too.
        Hey there Boltbaby! A belated welcome to the forum! You definitely have skills in the modifying of speed bag platforms. Can't wait to see it in action!

Good luck with minimizing excess vibration and noise. It is the bane of the urban bagger. Unfortunately, there's not much one can do to TOTALLY eliminate the noise/vibration short of building a free-standing setup, or attaching to a tree! But, putting weight on top, and PunchDrummer's suggestion for a 45-degree brace is a good idea – the more braces, the more solid the setup. And your idea of trying some neoprene between the wall and the hardware of the platform is certainly worth a try. I've read where other members have tried this trick. Let us know if it helps.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Boltbaby
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Hey there Boltbaby! A belated welcome to the forum! You definitely have skills in the modifying of speed bag platforms. Can't wait to see it in action!

Good luck with minimizing excess vibration and noise. It is the bane of the urban bagger. Unfortunately, there's not much one can do to TOTALLY eliminate the noise/vibration short of building a free-standing setup, or attaching to a tree! But, putting weight on top, and PunchDrummer's suggestion for a 45-degree brace is a good idea – the more braces, the more solid the setup. And your idea of trying some neoprene between the wall and the hardware of the platform is certainly worth a try. I've read where other members have tried this trick. Let us know if it helps.
          Thanks, Dee! Nice to meet you, I really enjoy your videos! I've got a long way to go with the baggin' skills, but I'll get there eventually. I've never been great at sports, but I did take karate when I was younger...I thought speedbagging would be good for exercise, coordination and getting my yah-yahs out after a hard day at work. I didn't know how addictive it would be! It's been a great help to me dealing with stress, and it's cheaper than a doctor visit.

Comment

• berryna
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2012

within the drilled hole in the wall... cambridge satchel company us
            fluro cambridge satchel bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...