Clear All
  • deano
    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

Vertical Board

• Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Whether the board is horizontal or vertical, you are simply amazing, Deano. Looks like gravity has no effect "down under." Tell your Dad we all said Hi.
    Last edited by Biff; 12-04-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Awesome, Great Job

I give it a 5 bag review

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Very very impressive Deano!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Whether the board is horizontal or vertical, you are simply amazing, Deano....
          Like-wise! It's nice to see a fresh new video from Down Under. (Feel free to give us a "G'day, mate" (maybe next video?) ...

I see you're using a ball hook swivel (with a plastic ball?) rather than your usual Aussie swivel... I'm thinkin' that it's pretty tricky to do those unique elbow punches on a vertical board. CRIMINY... they're hard to do no matter which way the board is positioned, in my opinion!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Tell your Dad we all said Hi.
          Yes, please give your dad a hug for me... And I hope all is well with you and your family!
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by deano View Post
            Awesome bagging there Deano. I'm thinking that vertical board is a bit easier on that bad shoulder. What say You?

Say Hi to Dad for me.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's great Deano. Sounds like a machine gun firing for 3 minutes plus! Very nice. Looks like the swivel is at about belly height? Is that what you find optimal? I've seen vertical done at knee height (skunk), chest height (baggist) , and still wondering where "optimal" is.

Miss you guys for sure and say hi to dad for me.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

You've created a new phrase to replace Down Under (the board that is) will have to change it to Down Over!! Didn't recognize you till you faced the camera at the end. Looks like the camera added a fiew pounds to you or is that kill a grams? Maybe it was just the angle, gravity does that to you. Your space program should send you up to study the effects of Deano on outer space. May turn the universe around. LoL. Tell pops HI and hope y'all have happy holidays.

Comment

• StevieMac
                  • Oct 2010

Holy crrrrap!

Comment

• juxt
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

amazing

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Great to see you rippin up the vert set up!!! Looks like your elbows translate well to vert! Like Tim was asking, I am curious what height your swiv is at (relative to your body)?

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

Aus-some!

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                        Holy crrrrap!
                        I'll second that! And add and Aus-some!

I don't think a jack hammer could hit concrete as many times in 3:00 min. as you hit that bag deano. Thanks for postin! Great video! I haven't met Dad but tell him hi for me too
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Deano My Man! You're not only the "Aussie Elbow El Wizardo," but the "Vertical Board King" down under as well! Love your stuff, some Killer baggin' at its finest! You're in a class of your own. That being said, I noticed that you've become quite proficient with the ball hook, you've had no problem adapting to it I see. Thanks for the post brother.

Always inspirational mate.
                          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• deano
                            Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

my daughter Kate typed all this for me (she's awesome!)

Hey Biff, thanks mate for the kind words. There is plenty of gravity down under when you punch the vertical board. When you make a mistake it really makes you pay, you have to pick it up off the board and start again. Your name pop ups at our house more than Santa and we want to know how many more sleeps before you and June get down under for a big Aussie holiday?

Thanks TBD, enjoy your posts hope your daughter can fulfil her dreams please keep us informed and keep punching.

Thanks Fingers, are you still on the U-bolt or on the ball hook more now? I found it not as quick but more options for change of direction. Your over-due mate on a vid, keep punchin big fella and say g’day to Vinnie next time you talk to him.

Thanks Dee, that’s the ball hook I won in NJ, I really like it and more options for the north, south, east, west combos. Enjoyed Rauls vid really nice elbows. He seems a little camera shy, just like me! Look forward to more vids from him.

Hey Alan, thanks mate. Yeah probably is a little easy on the shoulders. Had MRI the other day, surgery required but keep putting it off. The main pain is in my ear from the verbal bashing my wife gives me when I do punch. Cheers mate.

Red elbow Tim, howyagoin? You’re punching some unique combos. 4ft I found is about the best to centre of the swiv, it allows to get combos in the 360’ area. If its too high you can’t punch down and if its too low you can’t punch up if that makes any sense.

Greg, hows it going? Christmas kilos for sure! I’m about the heaviest I’ve been in my whole life, I’ve got more chins than a Chinese phone book! Take it easy mate.

Thanks Stevie, your punching great for just 7 weeks! It does take time but you are picking it up real quick. Looks like a top set up you’ve got there too.

Thanks Juxt, give it a go mate! You’ve got all the moves on the horizontal, try the vertical, you’ll pick it up no worries!
                            Daniel. You inspired me to give the vertical board more of a go. I’ve found it a real challenge. I’m about 5’10’ and as I said to Tim, centre of the swiv a neat 4ft is the best for me, it allows for easy change in direction. All the best mate.

Nova. Thanks man. I made comment on your vid. Don’t sell your self short on the skills. A real pleasure to watch, you are Mr. Natural and have got the speed bag bull by the horns big time!

TJ. Hey Bro. How ya goin? I watched you in NJ and you made the vertical sing and I could hardly get it to go! I think the ball hook is the best it makes for change of direction punching possible. The U-bolt just can’t do it as well. Thanks for the kind words mate. I look forward to more videos from you. Take it easy. deano

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Deanooo!!!!

Hope all is well for you brother!! Are you going to make it to the SPEEDBAG 2011??? Hope so man, its already been too long that we all have gotten together, i am excited to say i get a sneak peak january in ST LOUIS. But then NEW JERSEY!!! Ohh yeah as for the video......................... Yeah you Rock that "DEANO MADNESS" See you soon and tell ur pops i said Hello as well! Wish the best to you and your family!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...