Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

NOS Everlast 4213 bag, ball hook swivel - on eBay

Found on eBay,

Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Sold right away. Some lucky dog has a nice bag and swivel.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Sold right away. Some lucky dog has a nice bag and swivel.

looks like a 4213...
      Attached Files
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        looks like a 4213...
        MILITARY. Who calls a speed bag MILITARY these days? Bag from a bygone era...

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          looks like a 4213...
          These are great bags. Didn't realize how pricey they were. I guess there's no putting a value on improved circulation.

I don't think I have ever seen a 12, 05 or 07. If a 05 were to surface in good condition I'd pay a pretty penny for it.

Steve
          "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
            These are great bags. Didn't realize how pricey they were. I guess there's no putting a value on improved circulation.

I don't think I have ever seen a 12, 05 or 07. If a 05 were to surface in good condition I'd pay a pretty penny for it.

Steve
            Bear in mind these were expensive bags back in the 1980s when I bought mine. So that price for the bag that just sold on eBay, adjusted for inflation, was a bargain.

I hope you can get a 4205. I wish Title would bring it back. One of the best speed bags of all time.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

If you are patient enough, you may be able to buy new old stock (NOS) or next to new condition vintage Everlast bags on eBay. But you have to be really patient, and watch it like a hawk.

I have scored new or as good as new vintage Everlast 4200, 4201, 4202, 4205, 4207, and 4213. I sort of lost the collecting bug by the time a couple of nice 4204's came up, and I bowed out on the competition on those bags. Maybe some day I will find a nice old 4204 like some here have (wink wink riqal and jaja)

But who is to say? Maybe this year and next year will be better than last year? I wish you all luck!

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                If you are patient enough, you may be able to buy new old stock (NOS) or next to new condition vintage Everlast bags on eBay. But you have to be really patient, and watch it like a hawk.

I have scored new or as good as new vintage Everlast 4200, 4201, 4202, 4205, 4207, and 4213. I sort of lost the collecting bug by the time a couple of nice 4204's came up, and I bowed out on the competition on those bags. Maybe some day I will find a nice old 4204 like some here have (wink wink riqal and jaja)

But who is to say? Maybe this year and next year will be better than last year? I wish you all luck!

-Rusty

I love that 4204 too. I need to find another one because I like to hit on that bag way too much and I'm afraid its gonna wear out.

Also I must confess that I bought the 4213, swivel and gloves. I have a different 4213 that I am giving away to someone since they want to start hitting the bag and liked that it was big and had really soft leather.

I've been so busy at work, and working extra hours I have not spent any money on summer time things so I have some disposable cash.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                  Also I must confess that I bought the 4213, swivel and gloves.
                  Glad to hear it.

Comment

• Bag Man
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    Bear in mind these were expensive bags back in the 1980s when I bought mine. So that price for the bag that just sold on eBay, adjusted for inflation, was a bargain.

I hope you can get a 4205. I wish Title would bring it back. One of the best speed bags of all time.
                    10-4

Was referring to the flyer Alan posted re: price and circulation comment which it turns out is at best a lame attempt at a joke. I'm an acquired taste even though
                    It pains me to admit it.

Archie Moore

Comment

• Bag Man
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

-Rusty
                      Thx

Is catch as catch can. Also find it can be hit or miss as to how a vintage bag holds up, even now. I've had a few that were in great shape to the eye but fell apart once hit.

Archie Moore

Comment

• Bag Man
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
                        Thx

Is catch as catch can. Also find it can be hit or miss as to how a vintage bag holds up, even now. I've had a few that were in great shape to the eye but fell apart once hit.
                        NOS that is.

Archie Moore

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

It's all about the quality of the leather that they are made of, and what kind of enviorment they were in. With the right level of humidity and temperature a forty, fifty or more year old bag can be like new. I have several in the 55 plus range that are like that, the A. J. Reach bag is in the 75 plus year range, and all I can say is that the condition it was in when I got it was amazing. I've also gotten bags half that age where they are display only, and can't be safely fully inflated. Only a couple of them are like that tho. Like what others have said, when you buy on line, it's the luck of the draw.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...